First service in a while

MAL1980

It has been quite a while since I have been out on my Beta Rev3 but have finally uncovered it and am looking forward to getting back on it.

Because it has been sitting in an outbuilding (covered) for a while is there anything in particular I should be checking when giving it its first service in a while?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, oni nou said:

If you did not drain all the fuel out when you left it then drain it off and remove the petrol tap and clean any settled crud out and the tap filter.....take the carb to bits [everything that comes apart stripped] and clean it thoroughly preferably in an ultrasonic bath........clean the airfilter or renew and use foam filter oil...........lubricate the throttle cable......take the clutch cover off and remove the springs and take out the clutch plates and carefully separate them all and clean the metal discs of any crud........new oil needs to go in the transmission /clutch ......check intake and airbox rubbers for any perishing splits.........check brake calliper pistons for any that may have seized or seals that are weeping......and I am sure there will be afew more that other people will suggest .......or you could do what a lot of people would do which is to pull the choke, kick it over till it starts or tow it with a vehicle untill it starts then ride off into the rainset drinking your banana daiquiri [proper spelling courtesey of dan Williams].......the choice of course is yours.

10 hours ago, oni nou said:

If you did not drain all the fuel out when you left it then drain it off and remove the petrol tap and clean any settled crud out and the tap filter.....take the carb to bits [everything that comes apart stripped] and clean it thoroughly preferably in an ultrasonic bath........clean the airfilter or renew and use foam filter oil...........lubricate the throttle cable......take the clutch cover off and remove the springs and take out the clutch plates and carefully separate them all and clean the metal discs of any crud........new oil needs to go in the transmission /clutch ......check intake and airbox rubbers for any perishing splits.........check brake calliper pistons for any that may have seized or seals that are weeping......and I am sure there will be afew more that other people will suggest .......or you could do what a lot of people would do which is to pull the choke, kick it over till it starts or tow it with a vehicle untill it starts then ride off into the rainset drinking your banana daiquiri [proper spelling courtesey of dan Williams].......the choice of course is yours.

And it’ll be even longer than ‘in a while’ after having performed that little lot. Maybe just ensure it’s safe to start the engine, then work out from oni nous extensive list what you need to do. Cotton buds...cotton buds for reaching all those little places that need cleaning?Like the list and especially the energy drink ? 

Edited by section swept