BOOTS!

brownee

I've used alpinestars for many years and really liked them but haven't used the new model. 

Which brand of trials boots has the most toe protection, and/or strong shank, is what I would like to know.....tired of bruises

1 hour ago, hannon said:

I've used alpinestars for many years and really liked them but haven't used the new model. 

Which brand of trials boots has the most toe protection, and/or strong shank, is what I would like to know.....tired of bruises

Hannon,

Everything I have seen indicates that the AlpineStars are the best for support at the shank/sole, they are also some of the better ones for toe protection as well. 

I hear that the Sidi has good toe protection as well, however I think the AlpineStars is actual the same or better based on what I saw when I compared the Sidi's but the boot size was to small on the Sidi for me try them so I don't know for sure.  The boot would be stiffer than a true trials boot but you might consider the sidi discovery rain boots as they are based on the Sidi trial zero boots but a little stiffer for ADV riding.  

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Cheers.... look like they’re worth a punt. All dry and dusty here... but no stranger to the saddle soap or the dubbin. Was looking at pics, reviews and a video on revzilla... looked like a decent boot. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, miner said:

Cheers.... look like they’re worth a punt. All dry and dusty here... but no stranger to the saddle soap or the dubbin. Was looking at pics, reviews and a video on revzilla... looked like a decent boot. 

One big + for me, although not found I need it, is they also do a 'waterproof insert'..........which, on a multi day WET trial might be a bonus. (as I say, my feet have remained dry all the times I've worn mine, and that has involved scrabbling about in stream beds, when I've dropped montesa.....:lol:)

• Haha 1

How do trials boots stack up size wise vs shoe size / other boot size?  Some Context:

- Most Shoes / Trainers: UK 9 (8.5W really...) - also did they swap the euro charts? 43 = 9 still?

- Sidi Road/Race - 10.5/44.5

- A* Road/Race - 9/43

- A* Enduro (T10) - 10.5/44.5

- Wulfsport - 10

Mail order could be tricky... carrying back fairly bulky... 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

speak to Andrew Jackson at Jacksons Shoes in Mirfiled he replaced mine for 

me I did have you source the soles, which you cant seem to get from anywhere 

in the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173444268873

https://www.alexfactory.it/en/sidi-trial-boots-sole?gmc_currency=6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr6bun9m13QIVzbvtCh1M1AOzEAQYAyABEgICLfD_BwE#/35-color-black/11-size-eu42_uk8_us9