Bluetooth ECU

jsp

On 16/03/2018 at 8:07 AM, baldilocks said:

Diagnostics is a huge step forward. It's why I wouldn't buy one, like many I don't have time to drive back to the dealer if it doesn't run properly or won't start. Especially if it's at a trial and you have to retire.

Needs to be standard then I might think about one again.

Bit like owning a modern..ish car or van then! 

Except that in the trials world most of us do our own preperation and maintenance. I can do some jobs on my car and van but to be fair they require less maintenance than a trials bike. If your trials bike has to be plugged in regularly at a dealer or importer that's a big increase in cost as well as time depending how far away they are.

And not foolproof.  A pal runs a car workshop and, often enough, the software says to replace component X to cure a problem, but that does not work so then it's component Y.  It ends up as a chase through various components before, possibly, resolving the issue.

On 19/03/2018 at 7:56 AM, 2stroke4stroke said:

And not foolproof.  A pal runs a car workshop and, often enough, the software says to replace component X to cure a problem, but that does not work so then it's component Y.  It ends up as a chase through various components before, possibly, resolving the issue.

Oh how so very true! You need an operator that has the experience and knows what each component is supposed to do. Diagnosing electronics for HV and car etc is not just about plugging into the OBD socket, although a helpful tool it’s not just looking at a readout or fault code. A doctor uses a stethoscope but it’s their knowledge and experience that decides the problem. ?????????

• Like 1

I just fitted the ecu to my bike, I haven’t yet fiddled with it to much and I loved the original setup, but after a few settings I realised there are a world of tweaking that can be done to get your bike just the way you like it for the conditions and riding style.

• 9 months later...

On 3/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, mudboy said:

I just fitted the ecu to my bike, I haven’t yet fiddled with it to much and I loved the original setup, but after a few settings I realised there are a world of tweaking that can be done to get your bike just the way you like it for the conditions and riding style.

Did you use a iPhone or Android phone bud ?

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, arnoux said:

This GET system can not be retro fitted to pre 2018 bikes.

It's a relatively easy install and works very well. For anyone wanting a closer look the GET App is a free download from the ITunes Store and other places, (search WiGET) and there is a demo mode and manual available within the app, so you can tool around on a "virtual" bike to see how it works.

It offers diagnostics, hour meter, tuning and a bunch of other stuff. We have only had the units for a couple of weeks, but it seems clear and simple. The Fuel and ignition tuning has parameters both + and - so in theory you can't lean it out to detonation levels, or do anything stupid.

I have a 2019 Vertigo. After installing the GET-System what would I see regarding the operating hours?

- The hours since installation of the GET-System

- The total hours of operation of the engine

Thanks

Canario