Montesa 4Ride Insurance

pug

So its coming up on time to Insure My bikes an after the Montesa 4Ride was a no go with C Nash last summer when I got it [not on there model list I got p****d off needed it sorting fast] I then went with MSM just thinking I would do battle with them next time with the multi policy for My TTr 250/ Harley panHead 1200/ and Honda xr 250 was due as to adding the 4Ride. Has anyone Managed to get anywhere with C Nash on this model.............. they only had a 250cc RT listed not even a 260cc............  when I called last year seems bad as its a Honda really and the 4rides been out as a model for 2 years now I know some Insurance people are not doing Trials bikes anymore but the 4rides not sold as a Trials its sold as a Trail bike. so whos with who on Insurance with the 4ride   

Try Hastings Direct

insured my 300RR with them £118 fully comp

put in reg number and it comes up as Honda SH300I, when I spoke to guys at dirt bike show I was told this is Honda's official prefix

• 8 months later...

Hi there, just reading your post about the Montesa insurance problem. 

Did you manage to find any insurance in the end ?

I am looking at buying one next year.

How are you getting on with the bike ?

I’d be interested in what you’ve ended up with, cheers    Woody

On 3/17/2018 at 12:52 PM, davy1 said:

Try Hastings Direct

insured my 300RR with them £118 fully comp

put in reg number and it comes up as Honda SH300I, when I spoke to guys at dirt bike show I was told this is Honda's official prefix

If that's what you have insured it as then you'll be in dead trouble if you get involved in a claim and they discover it does not have sixteen inch wheels and legshields?

I just plugged it in to CompareTheMarket.

I checked the no number plate option and when it lists manufacturers, it only appears under Honda, not Montesa, as an mst 259 4/Ride.

When I ran it with my background it came up with a cheapest quote of ~£80 from Bennetts (TPFT).

• 5 months later...

Carol Nash now have the 4Ride on the books still felt like I had been Ass raped five bikes total loss value about 25k came in at £360 full comp. said I would take one of the bikes off an old 1984 XR250 they said they could knock off £2.50 if I took that one off so I left it. I was thinking about telling them I had 2nd  xr 250 in the shed could they add one on for £2.50 just to see what the blood suckers had to say but by then I had been on the phone an hour. funny thing as well I did an online quote with them same bikes as a newbie to them and it came back at £380 I was well expecting it to be a ton or more cheaper

Pug

Edited by pug