Standard Front Fork Length ?

Prototype

12 hours ago, bsa4life said:

Hi Guys 

Can someone measure the front front length ( from Axle bolt till the top yoke ) for standard trialing fork. 

Thanks & Regards

9 hours ago, anachronism said:

From center of axle to top of leg flush w/top of yoke I measured 745mm.

What bike are you wanting measurements from, there will of course be differences in fork length. When the snow clears up I’ll get you the measurement for my Bultaco M80 Sherpa, you can have full extension and fully compressed if that will help. I guess you are looking at what forks to use on your project??

Hi section swept 

Perfect Bultaco M80 Sherpa , i love them

Any bike actually. which is proper trials bike  , yes you are right , these are DR200 suzuki type forks. already did parts swap and got this , want to use them if possible

i think my forks long enough might not be suitable for standing while driving .. i will do my post my forks measurement as well 

Thanks a lot 

Regards

Here you go, full extension 735mm and fully compressed (no spring) 535mm. These forks have the knuckling for the lower clamp to grip on. Hope this is helpful?

That should read as knurling and NOT knuckling. The process where a crisscross pattern is rolled into the fork leg to improve grip when being clamped.

Edited by section swept
Predictive text got it wrong and didn’t notice

Haven’t done this mod, but the Bultaco fork internals are supposed to fit inside the BSA C15 forks? I’m sure there will be someone that has the knowledge on this along shortly to advise. I’m assuming by your avatar that BSA might be the preferred option. Cost might be high though.

You could always go with DR forks and slide them up or down to achieve your favoured riding stance and then if they prove problematical look for some that measure up to your final settings. 

My M80 forks have the flat bottom triple clamp, forgot to mention that on previous post.

Edited by section swept