YAMAHA have a new TY

johnnyboxer

WINNER!!!??? That’s brilliant I want one, no coolant issues, little by way of oil to use, no exhaust to keep changing for the next shiny offering must have item.....hundreds out of work as exhaust system consumption declines rapidly. Down side....no where to dry gloves or warm hands up. Small point...wonder how long a charge lasts for and if there will be charging generators at events placed strategically around any longish course. Still this is the way forward, those old four and two stroke bikes are going to go up even more now in the grand scheme of things. Hey with more leccy bikes about you could have a trial going on just a few doors down and not be aware....just need to work on the whining noise from the engine...not the rider worrying about running out of power.....Duracel oh Duracel. One of my relations works for Mugen Honda, specifically with the E bike and what’s now being developed by most manufacturers will compare with this current (sorry) offering from Yamaha. I’m biased and personally think the Yamaha is excellent!??

Electric bike, fit FS1E pedal set and drive adaption, no reg, no tax, just like a big elec bicycle as advertised. What news on Osset I thought they were the ones that would be more noticeably out there!?

Edited by section swept

About 3 years then make a world beater that will be untouchable  for 10 years ala  315r/ 4rt?

ps ridden by a hybrid constructed from  dna from Dougie and bou grown in a HRC lab.

Probably be female as well?

3 hours ago, jimmyl said:

About 3 years then make a world beater that will be untouchable  for 10 years ala  315r/ 4rt?

ps ridden by a hybrid constructed from  dna from Dougie and bou grown in a HRC lab.

Probably be female as well?

Like the Top Gear Stig farm?

• Like 1

Yamaha sure did a good job of keeping quiet about this machine. The kickstand, swing arm and rear disc guard all look Very Sherco / Electric motion, to me...some sort of partnership there? like the blue Scorpa's as Yamahas in Japan? 

2 hours ago, pauls320 said:

Yamaha sure did a good job of keeping quiet about this machine. The kickstand, swing arm and rear disc guard all look Very Sherco / Electric motion, to me...some sort of partnership there? like the blue Scorpa's as Yamahas in Japan? 

I think Yamaha still has a bit of a relationship with Scorpa, even with its new owner Sherco. The very one off TYS250F for the Japanese National Series, has had some Scorpa bits still sprinkled in it. 

Edited by nhuskys

Interested to see how this model will work out once it is available to the mob. I guess years of purchasing engines, etc, from Yamaha,   Marc Tessier who owns Sherco and Scorpa must have a pretty good relationship so a little collaboration is no surprise.

I applaud Yamaha for entering the E Trials market.  However, I think they may (and should) re-think the single speed tranny. It won't compete with the GG 6 speed tranny E Trials bike. GG is making a concerted effort to make an E Trials bike which is a closer experience to a combustion engine bike with a tranny. E Motion bikes will go by the wayside (IMO) if they don't get on the "tranny train".

We are all creatures of habit. Can't go too extreme before big change is accepted.

And a tranny totally makes sense in Trials. Again, IMO.