Soon to be rider in B.C.

merlinator

I used to ride trials and enduro bikes in the early 70’s and have had street bikes until about 4 years ago.  I thought I might get back into riding trials bikes again.  I was hoping to ride a bike before purchasing but that has proved hard to arrange.  Ride the vibe has cancelled it’s schools at Ioco and Popkum is open only on weekends.  I have attended a couple of trials at Ioco but was unable to take their course due to lack of a bike. If anyone knows where I can get a test ride I’d be grateful for the information. I intend on joining the club  

I am also wondering if there are any other places to ride nearer to White Rock than Ioco.

What brand of bike has the easiest parts and servicing in the lower mainland. 

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as my quest continues.

Thank you

Roy  

Beta is most common around here, but Scorpa and TRS have good support as well.  If you talk to Bob at Mountain Motorcycles he might be able to help you with a test ride, especially if you're buying a bike from him - he carries Beta and TRS.  I know most guys are happy to let someone have a quick ride on a bike, so probably just try to make some friends and I'm sure you'll be offered some rides.  If you buy used you won't be taking a risk as if you don't like the bike it's easy to shift onwards.  Honestly I'd buy the one that you like the looks of best as they are all great bikes these days.

Not sure about White Rock.  Most riding locations are northwards in the mountains.  Squamish, Iron Mountain and Mcnutt (Mcnutt is really for enduros though) are some places to ride outside of Ioco.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:56 PM, drewnabobber said:

Beta is most common around here, but Scorpa and TRS have good support as well.  If you talk to Bob at Mountain Motorcycles he might be able to help you with a test ride, especially if you're buying a bike from him - he carries Beta and TRS.  I know most guys are happy to let someone have a quick ride on a bike, so probably just try to make some friends and I'm sure you'll be offered some rides.  If you buy used you won't be taking a risk as if you don't like the bike it's easy to shift onwards.  Honestly I'd buy the one that you like the looks of best as they are all great bikes these days.

Not sure about White Rock.  Most riding locations are northwards in the mountains.  Squamish, Iron Mountain and Mcnutt (Mcnutt is really for enduros though) are some places to ride outside of Ioco.

Thanks for all the info. I’ve talked to Bob a couple of times and he has been very helpful. 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:16 PM, SquamishDroc said:

There is a Facebook page for the CPTA and also one called Ioco trials riders. Might post up there and find someone who would let you borrow a bike.

Unfortunately I don’t do Facebook.  Lol.  Might have to reconsider.  Thanks for the response. 

On 3/24/2018 at 6:22 PM, cascadeimp1 said:

Check with Cascade Motorsports. They use an area in Mission and offer test rides.

I will check with them.  Thank you 

• 2 months later...

Pick Your Flavor - Bob At Mountain - Don At Cascade - And Davey On VanIsle Are Top Notch People - So Are Their Bikes - Parts And Service

Davey On The IsLand Is Right Next To The VMC Property - For Easy For Test Rides

As A New To The Sport Guy - You Should Really Check With OUTLaw DAVE In Vernon - For A New Ride Or Better Yet One With Some Experience

AND - Dave Just Might Take You For A Test Ride And Some Proper Coaching To Get You Started In The Right Direction.

• 3 years later...

I agree, I have dealt with Vancouver Island Dave, and Vernon Dave, no regrets, wealth of information. As stated many times, the best bike is the newest one you can afford. I don't see any oroblems with any peticular manufacturer. 

• 10 months later...