Argie bargey by Marquez

bigplonker

Yesterday's Argentina MotoGP was a good 'un. Congrats to Cal Crutchlow for a fine win.

However the main talking point was Marquez's aggressive riding. This was probably caused by a rush of angry adrenaline after being given a 'drive through' penalty for riding in the reverse direction at the start after stalling his engine and then bump starting (ooh, complicated to explain). When given the penalty he was in the lead, but he rejoined the race at the tail end, hence his anger. From that point onwards he rode like a maniac right up to about fifth position (if I remember correctly), having barged his way past most of his competitors including Rossi who crashed due to being forced off the track when Marquez dived up the inside on a bend. I understand that the race directors penalised both Rossi and Marquez for dangerous riding by relegating them to the last positions in the finishing order (or maybe I'm wrong).

I've just watched Rossi's post race video on the MotoGP site and yes, sure enough, he was really angry about Marquez. More than that, he wanted the MotoGP 'powers that be' to punish him for being a real danger to his fellow competitors as well as being completely disrespectful. I suspect Rossi wants him banned for a lengthy period of time.

Personally, I think Rossi's right to accuse Marquez of riding dangerously and demanding punishment to fit the crime. Yes, I know Marquez is a brilliant rider but he's overstepped the limit before and he's done it again. His determination to win at all costs is putting lives at risk. Something has to be done.

Marquez had already pushed Espargaro off the track and was forced to drop a place, he then pushed Rossi off, who crashed at low speed and restarted near the back, Rossi was not punished, but Marquez had 30 seconds added to his time, finishing 18th and Rossi 19 th

• Like 1

Marquez got off lightly.He was the fastest man on track and would have overtaken Rossi and Espargaro easily.Rossi lost valuable points through no fault of his own which could alter his championship position at the end of the season through possibly the best rider in the world riding like an arrogant a--e.

Marquez made a fool out of himself when he could have produced an amazing ride, without the need for all the shenanigans. He was so much faster than everyone else that, had he not decided to run into people, he probably would have had a shot at the top 4 even after the ride through... I wouldn't doubt he lost 10 seconds between Aleix and Vale.

Both his moves on Aleix and Rossi were way too late. He dove inside both of them at times neither could have predicted to have him there, into a space that was non-existent. However, given his antics on the grid (ignoring the instruction to return to pit lane after he stalled the bike, then riding against the flow of traffic) he should have been black flagged in the first place, then none of his subsequent bs would have transpired at all.

• Like 1

Marquez, that cheeky chappy. He rides like he is ‘the’ most important person out on the track. Marquez must be taken down a peg or two and a three race ban should sort him out. That also might make Honda think a bit harder about employing a liability, imagine it Marquez barging round the track, that’s most of the satellite team hondas knocked out of the way and then there’s just that Pedrosa bloke to go......I Marquez your leathers with ma tyres when you get in my....in my way!!!! Post race interviews he will say we ad a gooood er race, I was lucky every body fall off but er my tyres were holding up, I just wanna thank my team for a good bulldozer...I mean a goood er set up.

Edited by section swept
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 9 months later...

Here we are in 2019 and that man Rossi just dragged himself round for a fantastic podium finish (second to M.Marquez for the record, Argentina ) bet he wishes he had taken the doubters advice and retired a couple of years ago. Go Rossi the fans just love him, you can here the cheers as he is going round.