E-Pure?

dan williams

On 9/5/2019 at 6:38 PM, jrsunt said:

I've had chance to ride the E Pure race today, and what a difference to the old bikes!!

It can be ridden just like a conventional petrol bike. No need to change your riding style drastically. You almost forget you're on electric, I kept going for the gear lever!!!

The clutch works perfectly, The build quality is there, the performance is there, let's see how they perform in the real world in back to back tests against the Repsol on the same sections. I'm pretty sure I can get it to do most stuff the Mont will do straight from the off. 

I must admit I hated the old bikes, and was very sceptical, but this is a giant step forward. I'll get to throw it at some gnarly stuff tomorrow and keep you posted with some footage hopefully

Hello jrsunt.  Any more on the E-Pure?  Other pros and cons versus the Mont 4RT?  thanks!

-and -  is the E-Pure Race a good choice for rocky climbs and streams ( never mind the gnarly stuff! )

Edited by hugo_furst
a more specific question

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 6:20 AM, hugo_furst said:

I found a youtube video dated Sept. 6, the video is worth many thousands of words, my questions are now answered,  thank you jrsunt.

watched video yesterday ...great sales tool .....especially the helmet cam....don't like  the sound of the new motor .......like my 2017 better......need english translation ..........mass

Problem right now in the US Market, is that EM wants to still charge the 20% EU VAT. When you look at the UK price without VAT, the US $ equivalent is about $500 higher. I would figure this is the transport/import charges.  Then I realized the price EM quoted me minus $250 shipping from their US warehouse to my destination, is higher than the UK price with the VAT inclusive...

On 10/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, masso said:

watched video yesterday ...great sales tool .....especially the helmet cam....don't like  the sound of the new motor .......like my 2017 better......need english translation ..........mass

Hello Masso, the video I referred to was a short video without helmet cam.

What don't you like about the sound of the new clutch bike?

On 10/17/2019 at 7:08 PM, nhuskys said:

Problem right now in the US Market, is that EM wants to still charge the 20% EU VAT. When you look at the UK price without VAT, the US $ equivalent is about $500 higher. I would figure this is the transport/import charges.  Then I realized the price EM quoted me minus $250 shipping from their US warehouse to my destination, is higher than the UK price with the VAT inclusive...

Do you know if the other European manufacturers charge the 20% EU VAT?

10 minutes ago, hugo_furst said:

They don't, if the did all trials bikes would be close to $10,000. I buy motorcycle and horse related stuff online from UK. Germany and Italy. As soon as you punch in US$ and destination, VAT is removed from the price. 

• Sad 1

hello ...hugo...check ou  nhusky's  post below ....he seems to have some experience in this area.........mass

2 hours ago, hugo_furst said:

dude...you think you've got problems, I live in canada and have to convert prices into  CANADIAN fundsmakes for a very epensive bike

• Sad 1

I finally got a reply from EM, about the US Market price. They say are large part of the increase, is for the North American compatible charger. Due to certifications, etc; it is more expensive than the standard EU one. The rest is made up of.... transport from France, customs, other import fees, insurance. This works out to about a 20% higher price for US Market.

43 minutes ago, masso said:

yes ,and then I have to convert it to canadian funds

poor auzzies........they have major shipping costs ......

Have you located a canadian dealer to sell you one, or confirmed that EM will ship one to Canada?

On 10/25/2019 at 4:30 PM, nhuskys said:

I finally got a reply from EM, about the US Market price. They say are large part of the increase, is for the North American compatible charger. Due to certifications, etc; it is more expensive than the standard EU one. The rest is made up of.... transport from France, customs, other import fees, insurance. This works out to about a 20% higher price for US Market.

Did they mention what the power requirement of that charger is?

• 1 month later...
On 6 settembre 2019 at 12:38 AM, jrsunt said:

I've had chance to ride the E Pure race today, and what a difference to the old bikes!!

It can be ridden just like a conventional petrol bike. No need to change your riding style drastically. You almost forget you're on electric, I kept going for the gear lever!!!

The clutch works perfectly, The build quality is there, the performance is there, let's see how they perform in the real world in back to back tests against the Repsol on the same sections. I'm pretty sure I can get it to do most stuff the Mont will do straight from the off. 

I must admit I hated the old bikes, and was very sceptical, but this is a giant step forward. I'll get to throw it at some gnarly stuff tomorrow and keep you posted with some footage hopefully

I also had the chance to ride the new E Pure race model today, and I feel exactly like you did!

Having a conventional hydraulic clutch is a major advantage, it makes you feel right at home!

Stabily, maneuvrability and the extra precise throttle response gives mega traction.

I basically used only the soft map, the racing/red map was brutal, the bike would pop into a wheelie with only a little turn of the throttle... Only for pros!

They really did a great job, the improvement is unbelievable....

Top end model with top components is said to be around 10.000€...

• Like 1

ya, sounds wild!..

I didn;t want to waite till december delivery, .so got a 2019 model

its a bit too wild for me also..but its nice to cater to a broad range of riders.....and the new clutch is sweet.....some  day, I'm going to have to try out a new 20/20....

should take a while since I live on west coast of canada...................mass

IMG_1724.JPG