Electric 2017 OSET 24.0 RACE

Lefebvre

If you are talking about the throttle response, you have to play with it to find the best setting. I started with the response dial in the middle and moved it up until I found a spot where I could easily get the front wheel up, but not so much power that you lose traction too easy. I also put a spacer in the throttle to remove all the play at the bottom. This was the best thing I did. I also got the factory larger rear wheel to help with the traction. I have been riding trials for over 40 years and came off a GasGas 321. It will take some time to get used to the power delivery.

My wife got one to play around on and had the same experience; throttle control is really odd.  Had some other folks ride it (me included) and we all agreed, weird to the point of dangerous.  If you drag the the brakes it becomes OK but that will burn out the motor if you're not careful.  Guy in our club is a retired electrical engineer and has built his own e-bike from a Montesa; made his own Li batteries etc.  The problem with the Oset is it has a constant torque controller rather than a constant speed controller.  The constant torque controller makes the bike keep going after you roll off the throttle and other odd behavior.

Alltrax makes a constant speed controller that I think will fit in the frame above the motor and costs about $350 US, my wife is still trying to decide if she wants to mod it or sell it.

SR48 300 or 400.  Have to double check motor amperage (300 of 400 corresponds to the amps); 48v (max 65v peak).

Looks like it will fit the frame OK.  My electrical friend likes to put a small toggle on the bars for on the fly power mode switching (going up a hill and you realize you don't have enough juice half way up..) and the Alltrax will allow for override input like that.