Bultaco Fork Lowers

bsacad

I have a set of Betor forks from a Sherpa on a vintage flat track bike I'm building. A friend has offered me some Pursang lowers with the in-line axle which would be better for racing.

I was wondering if it is possible to swop the stanchions and internals from my Sherpa forks to the Pursang lowers? The length will be adjusted anyway so that is not a consideration at the moment.

Sorry, I know this is trials forum but it seems the most knowledgeable about Bultaco forks that I have found.

Any help much appreciated.

Caddy

All of the older Pursang models all had 6.5 inches of travel which is the same as the Sherpas and the internals are basically the same. The Pursangs had different damping characteristics. They started to change around the MK 8 Pursangs when the MX bikes started using longer travel suspension. Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/04/2018 at 3:42 AM, feetupfun said:

I bought 35mm Pursang sliders for a similar reason but haven't got to doing it yet. I can assemble a leg to make sure in a few days time if it helps

If you get around to doing this mate and let me know the results that would be great.

The in-line axle 35mm Pursang forks I inspected today have taper-top fork tubes which means they are from a Pursang that was made before they went to a clamp-type top triple clamp design which happened around 1972 from memory. The Pursang sliders are the same internally as leading-axle Alpina/Sherpa T/Matador fork sliders of the same era.

IMAG5660.jpg

• Like 1