grimeca pre65 hubs?

greevesrob

Hi all

After riding my greeves a couple of pre65 events and not doing to bad iam considering options to improve the bike. The problem is the hubs they are the full width bhc 1s good looking but very heavy on the rear and the brakes dont work that well. After speaking to other people brand new 1s from gerry seem to be the way to go but didnt really want to go for new i would prefer the grimeca hubs that wiggy put in the dots he made but would it be scottish legal on a greeves. Any thoughs? 

I know gerrys hubs are cub reps but some of the dots in scotland will have grimeca hubs from a fantic in them as all the 1s built by john bull and wiggy have so i was thinking of them instead of new cub reps but if they are a gray area then there no point

7a06d31d3172fc02e876e8980f5bdae1.jpg

I never found the original DOT hubs any better or noticeably lighter that the Greeves (British Hub) full width ones. If you have oversized linings bonded onto the shoes and then machine them to the brake diameter they will work fantastic when dry.

The alloy bantam hubs are very nice and light and have the advantage that the rear hub has the brake plate on the correct side for the brake pedal, but they ain't cheap.