Bultaco Model 27

nzpeterb

Hi and thanks for the photos. Looking closely my footpegs and mounts are a bit different (serrated and no brake stop) so I probably did the right thing buying a more tucked in version from In Motion. Now I've trained my left foot to find it lifes a little less hazardous on downhill bits... To be honest I only use it for the 7 mile trip into our local town.

Best regards

Peter

On 3/29/2019 at 6:38 AM, borderbultaco said:

M27 finished.  Still of course a work in progress but engine rebuilt, forks, wheels etc rebuilt, starts and runs well. Still stuck for a proper front pipe. Put a bigger gearbox sprocket on  for slightly improved road performance. 

photos for Bikesure 1.jpg

photos for bikesure 3.jpg

Taco as was.jpg

Hi, 

the front pipe is the same as the series 2 M10 and has the same part number; 10.17-002..

Inmotion Bultaco Uk have the item.. 

hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Gary,

Apologies for not replying to you earlier. I just had a look back on Trials Central and only just saw your post now.

Thank you for the excellent photos which clearly show me what I need to fabricate to put the frame back to original.

I did manage to get a Bultaco brake pedal, but had to buy an assorted box of 10 Bultaco pedals from America to get it.

Current issue is the fuel tank. Part of the tunnel has been cut away, then patched with aluminium covered with enough epoxy that the tank no longer fits over the frame tube.

Currently I am grinding and peeling the layers back to the original tank to see if what is left can be repaired.

Having never worked with Fibreglass before, I am still deciding whether to have a go myself, as so far have not found anyone willing to take on.

Given it is a year since your post, I hope you have made more progress with your bike.

Regards,

Peter,

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, borderbultaco said:

Hi, I too picked up a Sherpa M27 which had stood in an open barn since 1980.. Before and progress to date pics attached.

My main problems were the tank - eventually replaced it with a Terry Weedy alloy job - and missing front pipe - I have had to heavily mod a club foot item. Still a bit to do but close to the first firing up (I hope)

Good luck with your project and if I can help please get in touch

5b0d2ee82e125_Tacoaswas.jpg.27ddd72d33be7142f1952d101a8eb1a2.jpg5b0d3043c3299_Tacoasis.jpg.bd5f2367c6aded58b840b4697e7d9043.jpg

On 3/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, borderbultaco said:

Must admit to being a bit chuffed

So you should be - bike looks brilliant! The Terry Weedy tank interests me - if it fits a M27 I think it would fit a M49. Was it a straightforward fit?

1 hour ago, Big_Gasser said:

So you should be - bike looks brilliant! The Terry Weedy tank interests me - if it fits a M27 I think it would fit a M49. Was it a straightforward fit?

1 hour ago, Big_Gasser said: