2012 jotagas Kickstarter issues

Hi all recently bought a new to me 2012 jotagas 300

I could sometimes hear a slight ratcheting noise like the Kickstarter was slightly engaged whilst running.

I have taken the casing off and found that there is a 2 holes on the waterpump/clutch casing side that im guessing the Kickstarter pawl is ment to be bolted into but it appears to have pulled out of casing and elongated the holes any advice will try and upload pictures

When you reinstall the Kickstarter you need to pre tension the spring. Do this when you replace the clutch side cover. Place the cover back over the kick start shaft and align it with the engine case, but dont push it all the way home. You want about a 7 or 8mm gap between the clutch cover and it's mating surface on the engine casing.

Now put the kick start lever back on the shaft and rotate it anti clockwise until the lever touches the footpeg, hold it there and then push the clutch side case all the way home. It basically rotates the tang on the kick start return spring passed the kick start stop you just fixed. Then when you push the case home and release the spring it comes back against that stop and is under tension. The kick start lever will now return once you kick it over.

Sorry I have made it sound a little complex, but it is not. Also do this with the clutch basket out, you can fit that later, and it makes it easier to see what you are doing.

• Thanks 2