2013 200cc jetting 1000ft or so

jmutiger

Hi there, I'm working on a beta for a friend and it is needs lots of work but from my limited time riding it, it is really didn't feel jetted properly. 

Has anyone dialed in and noted their settings?  It'll likely be used from sea level to 2500ft most of the time.  I'm sure I could make it better than it is but wanted some guidance.  And yes, I did try the search function with no clear result. 

Thanks! 

They all basically come lean on the pilot and rich on the main. That said, the standard jetting isn't a million miles off. Start with the air screw and see if you can make it better. If you're less than a half turn out or more than 3 turns out (you're way likely to be closer to the former), adjust the pilot. Go from there. 

Edited by heffergm

Since I can't say for certain what jetting this bike has in it, can someone spell out what stock is meant to be as a baseline for me to start with?

I agree, it shouldn't run the way it does, so it's probably been adjusted or something is clogged.

Jon

I have 2015 Evo 200 that was still configured with 125 Main Jet, JJH Needle on 4th clip position, 48 Pilot (Slow) Jet and 3.5 Cut-Away Slide when I bought it a few months ago from original owner (probably the Stock Settings you are looking for).

I bumped up the Pilot Jet to 52 and it still seemed a bit rich at anything over 1/8th throttle, so I just installed 120 Main Jet. I did notice a bunch of debris in my float bowl drain plug, even though I recently installed inline fuel filter.