4RT mudguard grills

barfy

How do you stick in the little grills on the mudguard?

I’ve cut some from some 1mm grill material and tried sticking it in with bathroom sealer and duct tape but they work loose during a trial. Seemed to work ok with silicon sealer on my 2007 4RT but not as good on this 2016 model. Being from down south I think it’s worthwhile trying to stop the mud getting into the air box. 

If you have any photos from the underside of a 2014 or later sowing how to fix the grill that would be perfect. 

When I got my 09 the previous owner had taped two of the vents from beneath.  I just taped over the other two likewise and it does not seem to have affected the flow of air to the intake - witness the bike runs fine at high revs and the amount of muck still reaching the filter points to plenty of air available despite sealing well the gap at the mudguard - and the tape stays put.

I am told that tiger seal is very good, it might cure the problem of mesh coming loose.

• 3 weeks later...