Barnard castle, northeast, looking for club

f1wade

Im based near Barnard castle, near scotch corner. 

Looking for clubs locally, can anyone suggest whereto find lists, or inform me of them all please? 

Im new to trials so looking for one to guide me into it.

Need to figure out the right bike etc.

Thanks in advance.

North east Centre great for new starters. Butsfield quarry a  good venue to get your hand in, plus lots of other venues in Weardale ,& North Pennines. Clubs : Stanley, Consett, Weardale, South Shields, Castleside, & Middle England all run events in this area. All usually advertised on TC. Apologies If I've missed any out. 

Richmond, Darlington clubs other side of A66. Scott Trial country, Reeth  & surrounding areas. Richmond have their own website.

Best to ride a few summer club trials now, to build up confidence before  branching out into centre events, as they can be a bit more challenging.

East Yorks also have some really good events. Guisborough, Scarborough, Middlesbrough, Northallerton, Thirsk, Eboracum, Hull, & Pickering operate in this area. Some have their own websites.

You are spoilt for choice, in this part of the world. At least 2 or 3 events most weeks, more in summer. All easily accessible. Need to contact chosen club secretary, & join. Then you will receive ACU code. Then apply for ACU trials registration card (£10).  One or two clubs AMCA so no ACU requirement with those.

Entry simple, turn up at least 45 mins before start time. Fill in entry form, pay your money, attach number, jump on bike, & follow the crowd. However, If you know a trials rider, its much better if they show you the ropes. If you don't like the look of a section, ask for a 5. No big deal.  First time always a bit daunting,& some people take it far too seriously. Most folks are there to have a good day out on their bikes.  

As above, good advice. Doesn’t matter which club as most events are open so anyone can ride. Just pick club get Acu code some you can join on acu site, then licence. See members section on acu website it’s easy.

check trials central and northeast motorcycle trials group on Facebook for dates as consett club have Wednesday night trials with very easy course on suitable for beginners. Next one wed 6 June great way to start . Richmond also have easy trials

40 minutes ago, pjw123 said:

Bedburn 6th June, near Hamsterly.  Perfect for beginners.  Get yourself there, even if only to watch & ask loads of questions.  

Thanks pjw123, can you message me the postcode for that event, or the website/ group its with?

Hello, Nearest post code is DL13 3NN. Not sure which way you would get there from Barney. I get on the A68 at West Auckland / LH turn at High Etherley / Toft Hill road & take a left on the long straight on the A68 just before Witton Le Wear. ( signposted Hamsterley). Go into Hamsterley village & take a RH turn after the pub. (Bedburn). Follow road for a mile or two & it takes you right past the start field on the LHS. Easy to find.