Best Levers

tyguy

Before I go and spend a load of dosh on some Domino's - what levers do you guys recommend? 

I have these at the moment - but they don't feel right, lots of slop in the levers and the cable doesn't seem to run smooth in it (in any position) https://www.tytrials.co.uk/trailandtrialsuk/prod_47644-Clutch-Lightening-Lever-Forged.html  

TIA 

There is slop in the lever of the 3 position shown above, but an acceptable compromise IMO. Good quality, well maintained and routed cables are essentially for a light clutch pull. Unless you have exceptionally large hands, domino's are a fair stretch for all day one finger clutch. If you don't use the clutch they are ideal and very good quality.

Edited by b40rt

It's more that the clutch isn't engaging nicely, the lever seems to pulling the inner cable across a ridge rather than a nice straight run to the outer cable/adjuster.   They are defo coming off, my clutch is a lot heavier than a friends TY which is all the same apart from the levers 

If it matters, my friend uses these on his 72 OSSA MAR.

Forget his setup, but thought he used the hot start to activate his compression release, with it on the clutch side.  Pretty certain, after he stalled and could not refire the motor on a downhill, I think he listened and moved the compression release to the brake side.

None the less, he runs these levers.  My OSSA uses the oem Amal levers, not endorsing them, just saying.

https://msracing.com/hard-parts/controls/levers-and-perches/aof-clutch-lever-assembly.html

Many things to consider : the size of your hand, I have small hand, can't use some type of levers

Type of grip : some are bigger than other.

Do you run with one finger on the clutch to operate it

Is your levers adjusted to your finger length, not only the '' slack '' in the cable, but the actual position of the lever on the bars

Is your cable in good shape, I have on my TY 250b a lengthened  arm under the motor and still had a hard clutch pull until I change the cable

Guy

• Like 1

I use Amal replica levers which are a bit cheaper than Domino.

Agree though that the cable condition can make a lot of difference. Keep the cable well flushed with lubricant and replace if it looks kinked or has signs of fraying. 

Edited by barfy