Keihin slide return spring

bikerpet

I've just moved onto a Sherco with Keihin PWK carb, from a GasGas with Dellorto.
I'm finding the throttle very light on the Keihin and a bit easy to wind on too far!

Does anyone know if there is a stiffer spring available? Or perhaps a spring that could be coerced to fit? I've had a search but not found anything that mentions being stiffer.

In reality I probably just need to get used to it, but I reckon I'll scare myself less with a throttle more suited to a heavy-handed user.

Mikegas - thanks for that lead on springs. Have you tried them out? Any comments on how much difference each makes? I expect the medium is all I'm after.

anotherfive - hadn't thought of that - is there room in there to pack out without restricting the slide opening? And as for Raga, therein lies the problem - the left hand is accurate OK, most often accurately in the wrong place! ;) This makes it hard to get away with the right hand.

49 minutes ago, copemech said:

put a slow throttle tube onit ffs! that is what they are for

No, I don't want it slower, I want a bit more feel against the spring - just what I've got used to I guess.

Feel and response are different things I reckon. Just like slowing suspension compression damping isn't the same as stiffening the spring - well sort of similar anyway.

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Funny there was a guy easing a Dellorto, I've never ever thought of stiffening a kehin.

What is your problem? You wind it on too much?

It just feels too loose/light. I reckon I can control it just the same as the Dellorto, just not the same feel. A feedback thing I think - doesn't feel like there's any feedback through the hand.

I swapped the S3 grip for a Renthal yesterday - the S3 was bigger diameter. That has very lightly improved the throttle feel, although I quite liked the larger diameter for my hand size.

Probably should just get used to it like thousands of others have.

Apparently the OKO springs fit and are a bit stiffer, so a couple of options now.

Thanks everyone.

2 options I'll keep in mind:

Do nothing. Or try the oko spring in a month or so.

I'm sure this is just a personal preference thing, no right or wrong answer. For a few dollars it's no big deal to experiment anyway.