batteryless kit harder to start

nzwillie

hi all  i have a 2016 300 camo bloody awesome bike ,the bike was very easy to start before i had the battery-less kit installed ,1 or 2 kicks when cold and 1 kick everytime when its warm 

now with the battery-less kit it takes 6 to 12 kicks to start when its cold and 2 to 8ish  kicks to start when its warm ,

the dealer in new zealand told me that he updated the computer but was a while ago ,is there anything i can do or try to make this better  .i cant turn it back to the battery way i had to send part of the old system in exchange cheers for any help thanks mike

It should not be like that. The Batteryless kit needs a completely new version of the Software installed, and the TPS and Gear selector recalibrate. 

Just check it has OEM_250 (or 300)  V2.00.Biker110_Vertigo#170(Biker110#320).WnjTwr installed

Did you do the installation?

Hi nzwillie

When I first got my Vertigo I too found starting a little difficult. I have an early 17 model 250 that has been converted to battery-less ignition by a local Vertigo dealer and now find that after priming the kick start to the top of compression stroke it will start from cold with 3 -5 strong kicks and little or no throttle. When hot usually starts 1 -3 kicks with 1/4 - 1/3 throttle which as soon as it catches I normally initially rev it a little to be sure its running.

I found a new plug with a correctly set gap helped a little as does running 200:1 or 25ml per 5 litres as recommended. I'm sure that when I first got the bike I had some fuel mixed with a higher oil content and it didn't start as easily.

Hope this helps in some way, as you say awesome bikes.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:04 AM, oni nou said:

Perhaps you could fit a battery to power up the electrical system or buy a ten year old bike and just start it on 1st or 2nd kick and then ride off on it.

haha  yip i also have a 2006 scopra as well starts first kick everytime 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:11 PM, arnoux said:

It should not be like that. The Batteryless kit needs a completely new version of the Software installed, and the TPS and Gear selector recalibrate. 

Just check it has OEM_250 (or 300)  V2.00.Biker110_Vertigo#170(Biker110#320).WnjTwr installed

Did you do the installation?

hi the dealer done most of the work all i did was the last bit installing the little cdi box and the capicitor looking thing .i not to sure on how to check the map/firmware on the computer i might have to book it in 

10 hours ago, bishyfishy said:

Hi nzwillie

When I first got my Vertigo I too found starting a little difficult. I have an early 17 model 250 that has been converted to battery-less ignition by a local Vertigo dealer and now find that after priming the kick start to the top of compression stroke it will start from cold with 3 -5 strong kicks and little or no throttle. When hot usually starts 1 -3 kicks with 1/4 - 1/3 throttle which as soon as it catches I normally initially rev it a little to be sure its running.

I found a new plug with a correctly set gap helped a little as does running 200:1 or 25ml per 5 litres as recommended. I'm sure that when I first got the bike I had some fuel mixed with a higher oil content and it didn't start as easily.

Hope this helps in some way, as you say awesome bikes.

o yeh im pretty new to trials riding and love the bike to bits ,yip it def starts easier starting exactly it like you say but knowing how easy this started before the upgrade just would make me happier if it started like it used to ,i change the plug every couple of rides there only $5 so i bought half dozen .im running it 25ml per 5. l i did try 150:1 and kept clogging the plug.thanks every one for your help

When I had mine converted the dealer said the 1.x versions of the software won't work with the battery-less system and the 2.x map won't work with the battery system.  If you had the battery then completed the battery-less and did not upgrade to the 2.x map that is the problem.  Mine (battery-less upgrade, 2.0 map) starts every time hot with 1-2 and cold 3-5; always.

14 hours ago, elemetal said:

When I had mine converted the dealer said the 1.x versions of the software won't work with the battery-less system and the 2.x map won't work with the battery system.  If you had the battery then completed the battery-less and did not upgrade to the 2.x map that is the problem.  Mine (battery-less upgrade, 2.0 map) starts every time hot with 1-2 and cold 3-5; always.

thanks yeh def sounds like it  ,the nz dealer read this post and has got in touch im pretty happy about that and looking forward to getting it sorted cheers