AJP Front Brake Rebuild

barfy

Hi,

My front brake wasn't working too great so I decided to give it clean and one of the pistons was seized so I bought a seal and piston kit. The new pistons seem to drop in nicely without the seals so hopefully should make for a much better front brake. I recall seeing on here that the seal are kind of wedged shaped and they should go in a specific way. However, looking at the seals they seem to be square.

Is there a specific way that the seals or put into the caliper other than with some brake fluid for lubrication?

Cheers

Got it all together now and it’s working much better. See what you meant @craig10about the lip in the groves. Not so spongy as before although still doesn’t stop as sharp as I’d like. 

Put in my sons Scorpa Twenty front wheel with the same brake setup and it stops really well so I think the next purchase is a disc. Probably a NG / Scorpa or Dabs disc because they look like they have more braking surface. 

I don't think the std hose helps with the spongy feeling, and it could do with being about 3 inches shorter. The new new braktec system on the new repsols are really sharp if your after a mountain bike feel!