340 Dellorto carb settings

motoswm

Hi.

Anyone got a Puma or Vasquez Bultaco 340 fitted with a 26mm PHBH Dellorto carb ?

I am working on a 340 that I have fitted an SWM carb and it seems to run fine, but wanted to check if pilot jet, main jet, needle, atomiser and slide were comparable.

Currently running 60 pilot, 90main, X2 needle, AV266 atomiser, 70 slide.

Thanks in advance

Martin

I have replied to motoswm via email, but the response I got from El Puma that the carb he puts on his 325 and 340 Bultacos are  28 mm and not 26mm , and the set up varies on how the engine has been built. There doesn t seem to be a difinative, set in stone,  set up, more how the rider wants his bike. Hope this helps anybody following this particular thread. Out of interest my 199a has a PHBH 28 on it and its the dogs, in terms of performance.

• Like 1

Hello metisse, I'm curious what jetting your 199A uses if you are able to share. I have a 183 that runs the Bing, one day I would like to try the Dellorto PHBH 28 BS from my old Italjet to see how that performs since engine capacities are similar being 326cc for Bully and 330cc for Italjet. Below is the Italjet jetting for its all green 250 (237cc) and 350 (330cc). This may be some help to Martin also.

Italjet Carb Specs.pdf

Italjet_Carb_Specs20180612_18401699.jpg

Edited by fourex
JPEG added.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cornishflyer said:

I'll be putting a Dellorto PHBH 28 on my sherpa 250 soon, so the above is very useful info. I'll be sure to update with my findings as well.

Hello fellow Aussie, I think a 28mm anything might be too much for an older 250cc Trials bike, 26mm might be better.

• Like 1

Hi fourex,

Yeah I was just in the garage looking at my Sherco 250 which has a delly 26 on it and thought the same thing. I have the 28 kicking around though I'll probably try it anyway as the original Amal mk2 is so worn. If neither of those work properly I'll probably lump up the massive $99 for a OKO, I've heard good things about those. 

On 12/06/2018 at 8:53 AM, fourex said:

Hello metisse, I'm curious what jetting your 199A uses if you are able to share. I have a 183 that runs the Bing, one day I would like to try the Dellorto PHBH 28 BS from my old Italjet to see how that performs since engine capacities are similar being 326cc for Bully and 330cc for Italjet. Below is the Italjet jetting for its all green 250 (237cc) and 350 (330cc). This may be some help to Martin also.

Italjet Carb Specs.pdf

Italjet_Carb_Specs20180612_18401699.jpg

Ah ha! I see from the specs that the 250 has 4 cylinders, no wonder the 350 was a better engine!

• Haha 1