new montesa parts availability

maxwell smart

Im wondering if the recent increase in new montesa 4rt bikes in the states might help with parts availability. I know I can get parts thru exclusive distributors, but I would like to be able to go on Hondas microfiche and select and purchase parts thru my own choice of distributor. 

what I was really wanting to know is if any honda dealers have made the microfiche available to the public . I would like to be able to choose my own parts and purchase and have them sent to my shop. that's how I maintain all the other bikes in my riding and racing program. im not interested in trying to communicate with a parts guy at a dealership, thats not how it works anymore . I just called my favorite parts distributor and requested that they look at making montesa parts available thru their program, hopefully that solves my problem.

Edited by maxwell smart
update

https://montesa.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/parts_list_4RT_2017.pdf

One of the benefits of buying (Honda) Montesa is the documentation is the same as for a road bike  - I have also found sometimes that genuine parts can be cheaper than after market parts   - The Honda light trials chain fitted as standard is the best lasting chain ever and comes in the exact right length - used to be about £30 from Caroline Sandiford and comes in the Honda bag and everything as well - think more expensive now though.

Thanks for the link to the 2017 , I was not finding that one yet. the advice about the chain is correct as well. i've been looking and u cant find any chain in the states as light weight and durable as the oem.  Also would like to purchase the long kickstart as well so my wife can have more joy attempting to start the 2015 4rt we bought for her. im looking to keep my bike all oem , I find that's the cheapest route in the long run most of the time. noticing now what I need is more available than I thought , I had forgotten how to find the part numbers and work with them.   :facepalm: