Bultaco 199A Ingition

midgy

Good afternoon fellow trialists.

New to site and first message posting on this forum

I have just acquired a 1979 Bultaco Sherpa 199A and want to convert it to electronic ignition.  However, it has Motolpat rotor and stator fitted with points etc. It looks like the system fitted to Montesa 248/349 from the same year. Is this correct? as I thought it should have Femsa rotor flywheel and stator. Perhaps somebody has change it for some reason?. The electronic conversion kits that are on the market are only for Sherpa 199A with Femsa ignitions and use the existing Femsa rotor flywheel, so I seem to have a problem. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the help. I have now ordered the system from Germany. Note that from the end of August the business Powerdynamo are closing and the entire business is being transferred to a new company called Vape and are based in the Cheque/Check? republic

Many thanks, Carl.  I have a parts manual and the one marked VAR 41-52 will fit a 199A, however I have now ordered the kit from Powerdynamo in Germany which has the flywheel and rotor all within the kit. I appreciate you getting in touch 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/6/2018 at 10:25 PM, midgy said:

Thanks for the help. I have now ordered the system from Germany. Note that from the end of August the business Powerdynamo are closing and the entire business is being transferred to a new company called Vape and are based in the Cheque/Check? republic

Try the "Czech Republic", midgy ?