Beta evo 250 gearbox- getting more than just oil out

Jhb57

Hi guys 

Hoping you can help me out! I changed the oil in my 2016 evo factory yesterday, and as I was putting the sump back in I noticed some swarf poking out the sump. Using the magnet I fished out all I can, there was no sign of anymore but now I’m a bit unsure what to do!

From my motocross days i’d Split the engine no questions asked, but strangely the gearbox feels absolutely fine, In fact I only put 500ml of oil in this time rather than 550 and it feels the best it’s ever been. It also didn’t miss a beat Sunday. I have no idea when the part broke but I’m reluctant to split the engine as I can’t find anything wrong with the bike!

I’ve looked at the parts diagram and I can’t see anything resembling what I’ve found. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Or does anyone recognise the chewed up parts? 

Planning on riding it Wednesday and seeing how it goes...

Thanks in advance

2474F386-5E2B-4817-992C-723DC2CC9085.jpeg

I don't recognise it either,but it was meant to be in there and must have served a purpose.I wouldn't ride it in case something else goes wrong.Im sure others on here could tell you what it is/what it did,wait for more replies 

1 hour ago, huski said:

I don't recognise it either,but it was meant to be in there and must have served a purpose.I wouldn't ride it in case something else goes wrong.Im sure others on here could tell you what it is/what it did,wait for more replies 

:agreed:

I suspect it is one of the following part numbers, these parts are in the gearbox        007041100 000         or        2773860 000      or        2773870 000     it would appear that the cases will need to be split.

Good luck

Thanks guys,reggie they’re exactly the parts I was thinking. The engine is now on the work bench I couldn’t leave it, hopefully split the cases tomorrow and find out the issue!

• 2 years later...

I'm waiting on a flywheel puller to get into my case after a very similar small piece of metal came out on the plug magnet. I poked around with a magnet and retrieved a larger piece. This is on a 2017 300 with 170 hours on it, oil changed every 10-15 hours, with a good quality semi-synthetic MC oil.

I'm having to get the washers in from the UK so I've ordered a full set not knowing which one is the problem

Just wondering which particular washer it was in yours and if there was any sign of damage or wear on other parts?