New old Sherco!

mlcjot

Hi folks,

I introduced myself over in the Introductions forum but just thought I'd say hi here as well. I picked up a 2000 Sherco 290 yesterday evening for a very fair price and I'm looking to address a possible air leak. You can find some details and pictures/video in this thread if you are so inclined!

Cheers,
Alex

• 6 months later...

Just got my 2.9! Love it so far. Engine seems solid and very clean. Currently waiting on rear wheel bearings to arrive in the mail, spent $10 on ebay for some nice SKF contact seal bearings. Those will get cleaned out and waterproof grease added back in. My fork oil seals seem good enough, not perfect so I spent another $8 on chinese dust seals to keep dirt out. I know other riders have issues with cheap oil seals on their forks so I'll spring the $60 for that next year. The dust seals had Paioli or Marzocchi  on them and looked original from Y2K. Suuuuper dry rotted and cracked. Could probably get the ink cartridge from a cheap pen through the cracks.