2012 gasgas txt 300 clutch slipping

mudplugger124

I have got a 2012 300 pro. First and second is fine once I go into third and rev it the clutch slips. Will it need new plates. The oil that came out of it was like water and there was not a lot it. I use bel ray 75w in my son's sherco will this do ok and last how much oil goes in. 

75w light gear oil is pretty thin, so I wouldn't worry about that. The GG only takes 350 - 400mL (370 will get you right to the middle of the sight glass if you drain it hot and tip the bike to get everything out). 

I think you're in the US. My recommendation would be Silkolene light gear oil or plain old ATF.  If the belray is motorcycle specific I wouldn't expect it to cause the issue with slipping. Assuming that's the case, pull the clutch out and measure it. It should be between 9.85 and 10.05mm. If it's way under the low end of the spec, that's your problem. Time for new plates. It won't be much over, because if it was the clutch would be rock hard to pull in. 

Edited by heffergm