Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
motovita

Leonelli 1210

Recommended Posts

 I need a replacement rectifier for an older Scorpa that, as yet, I haven't been able to source through Scorpa sources. It is the little black box plugged into the fan that most of us have seen on Trials bikes. It is marked Leonelli with a number 1210 stamped into it. I can't find any reference to it on the internet and Leonelli seems to have no presence here in the USA for me to contact.

 Can anyone suggest where I can find this part or get specs for it so I can replace it with something else? I don't know, for example, if it also regulates voltage or has any other functions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

The 3 other options Splatshop have are these, hopefully 1 is correct. If you email the guys they should be able to confirm if there is any functional difference

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/leonelli-regulator-thyristor-12v.html  2 wire

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-diode.html 4 wires as fitted to the older generation Shercos & Bultaco badged bike

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-diode-comex-new-fan.html 4 wires as fitted to later model bikes that Scorpa also use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, motovita said:

 I need a replacement rectifier for an older Scorpa that, as yet, I haven't been able to source through Scorpa sources. It is the little black box plugged into the fan that most of us have seen on Trials bikes. It is marked Leonelli with a number 1210 stamped into it. I can't find any reference to it on the internet and Leonelli seems to have no presence here in the USA for me to contact.

 Can anyone suggest where I can find this part or get specs for it so I can replace it with something else? I don't know, for example, if it also regulates voltage or has any other functions.

www.shercousa.com  Ryan Young is the modern Scorpa  importer as well as Sherco's in your country so may be he can help you or www,birkettmotorsport.com in the UK  the SCORPA UK importer he started importing when the bike had the Yamaha engine so may be the best bet....I don't think he responds to emails very quickly if at all; so it may be better to call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, oni nou said:

www.shercousa.com  Ryan Young is the modern Scorpa  importer as well as Sherco's in your country so may be he can help you or www,birkettmotorsport.com in the UK  the SCORPA UK importer he started importing when the bike had the Yamaha engine so may be the best bet....I don't think he responds to emails very quickly if at all; so it may be better to call.

 Thanks for the advice, I've been waiting for a response from Birkett. Kevin at Scorpa USA, who imported and sold the bike in 2011, told my local dealer that we were on our own trying to find this part. They apparently have no interest in, or intention of, helping source or identify the part.

Edited by motovita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, motovita said:

 Thanks for the advice, I've been waiting for a response from Birkett. Kevin at Scorpa USA, who imported and sold the bike in 2011, told my local dealer that we were on our own trying to find this part. They apparently have no interest in, or intention of, helping source or identify the part.

He must be looking forward to a lack of sales then,.......if he wanted a holiday it would have been better to  have  notified his customers of when he would be back..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, tony27 said:

The 3 other options Splatshop have are these, hopefully 1 is correct. If you email the guys they should be able to confirm if there is any functional difference

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/leonelli-regulator-thyristor-12v.html  2 wire

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-diode.html 4 wires as fitted to the older generation Shercos & Bultaco badged bike

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-diode-comex-new-fan.html 4 wires as fitted to later model bikes that Scorpa also use

 Thanks, they also list the part I need here

http://www.thehellteam.com/fan-regulator.html

 I'm pretty sure one of the others will work with just connector changes but I'd like to get specs to confirm so. Note the different terminology regulator vs rectifier.

Edited by motovita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, motovita said:

 Thanks, they also list the part I need here

http://www.thehellteam.com/fan-regulator.html

 I'm pretty sure one of the others will work with just connector changes but I'd like to get specs to confirm so. Note the different terminology regulator vs rectifier.

Whoa up there the different terminology as you put it isn’t....the rectifier is a different component to a regulator, both doing exactly as their name implies...unless it’s a combined rectifier/regulator they are offering🙂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The Follow Up

 I never did find any info about the Leonelli part #, but after being blown off by both North American Scorpa importers, who apparently couldn't be bothered to find the current Scorpa part # which they most likely had in stock, June at Birkett Motorsport came through and posted me the rectifier I needed. Now that I have the new part # I'm sure I could order it here in the USA. Glad to have it sorted out, but it shouldn't be that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×