M91 Sherpa clutch

markg

On my M80 I made sure that the clutch push rod was straight and the bearings that run with the rod were new. The clutch pivot in the magneto housing was re worked by bushing the pivot shaft. Lubed with some Mercedes Benz special grease that they use on new diesel injectors when installing, clutch cable routing as smooth as possible with no tight bends. I’m using the cable that came with the bike and the operation with all clutch plates fitted is really and low and behold it doesn’t stick like most do???‍?

I have found that the biggest improvement for the Sherpa clutch is to use a rear brake lever or a long front brake lever on the clutch pivot on the ignition case. Make sure everything is well lubricated and use a Venhil teflon lined cable. I use Barnett plates on all of mine so I can use less pressure on the clutch springs. I have heard of folk using 4 clutch springs if they are new ones. I tried with Barnett springs and it slipped trying to start a 326. Went back to 6 old springs set at 4.5 turns out.