Sherco hunting!

Brand0n

Hi everyone I've had my sherco for around 5 months now had abit of bother with the bike hunting and or reving right up after a touch of throttle and not coming back down to idle, also when the bikes set to a nice idle it just cuts out I've got fuel mix etc set to standard, ive recently cleaned the carb, new carb to air box inlet replaced, full cable etc.. it's slowly doing my head in and difficult to keep the bike at slow speed without it wanting to cut out or reving it's bollocks off! Just wondering what else there is to check or needing replaced on it? I've also tried the carb/ soapy water trick on the gaskets Also if the bike still fine to use with this issue? Lastly the bikes has a little white smoke coming out from a cold start then goes away is this normal? Any info to these questions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, Brandon 

Condensation is the white smoke, hot gases cool air. Crankcase main bearing oil seals leaking allowing air to be drawn into crankcase causing weak mixture and unstable idle or increased revs. Never safe to ride with engine in unpredictable state. Other leaks could be carb to manifold, over tighten securing nuts and carb face flange distorts creating extra air inlet point.??

• Thanks 1

Will it just be a case of getting the crankshaft seals replaced, is this possible without splitting the engine down? Also roughly what would this likely cost if it's something you've ever had done or experience with?

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

Nice post Neb, are you feeling ok? 

What year Sherco and what carb?

now he is a sherco expert!

wonder if he figured in the cost of power tools, holders and torque wrenches? whats he gonna seal with sealant?

• 3 weeks later...