bultaco model ?

rusty nuts

hi there as old story goes I've come back into trials at a more mature age after my hay day on a Whitehalk ty ?. brought this 250 bultaco I'm preparing and not sure of model if some keen eyed exspert could let me no thanks?

Model 198(250) and Model 199(325) ran from approx 5/77 to 9/78 according to the literature I have, your engine may well be a polished 198 rather than black, but the frame and other components are earlier, any numbers on the head stock?

A bitza I think.

mod_19820180719_19095038.jpg

Edited by fourex
JPEG added.
  • Like 1

Hi Rusty Nuts. Your Sherpa is a M198 which came out here in Australia in 1978. It should have a red plastic tank and mudguards. The Bultacos didn`t really come out at the start of each year which is why everyone just says the first two(early ones) or three numbers(later ones) of the engine and frame numbers. The later 250s start with a R whereas the later 350s start with a J. That`s why you know yours is a 250. RM198. Graham.

4 hours ago, rusty nuts said:

hi there? for reason they they did not up load . here you go ?

1531987836463-1159785771.jpg

1531987881280622118798.jpg

1531987918073-33886228.jpg

I see your grass is in brilliant condition too, many  just like mine??⛈☀️The Bultaco worker that stamped the first letters of your engine number was either drunk or it was their first day operating a hammer?

As others have already pointed out, it's a bitsa.

I can see parts from several different models there.........don't let that put you off, as it doesn't make it any less rideable or enjoyable.

However, if the serial no. stamped on the frame headstock is the same as the engine it's a re-stamp.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

As others have already pointed out, it's a bitsa.

I can see parts from several different models there.........don't let that put you off, as it doesn't make it any less rideable or enjoyable.

However, if the serial no. stamped on the frame headstock is the same as the engine it's a re-stamp.......

it's not a restamp it's a custom  ? rides as well as any I've rode must have a checkerd past then ?

23 minutes ago, rusty nuts said:

? yes I thought that ! think he was just happy he got the stamp right way round . I'm  hoping wife will give up on the garden  soon and I can tun it in to practice arena ??

looks like a 500  quid bitiza from replies on it got more DNA than dolly the sheep

• Like 1