mikuni carb set up on tiger cub

detective 21

I am new to trials riding having only started this xmas but have devolved from a 2003 gasgas to ty250 and now a tiger cub which is a fixer upper, clutch, carb/timing being the main things, my question at this point is what size jets are you guys using and how many turns out on the mixture questions, the carb is a mikuni vm22, also do you cover the air hole at the bottom of the mouth at the front of the carb where in meets the manifold?

any help appreciated

13 hours ago, detective 21 said:

I am new to trials riding having only started this xmas but have devolved from a 2003 gasgas to ty250 and now a tiger cub which is a fixer upper, clutch, carb/timing being the main things, my question at this point is what size jets are you guys using and how many turns out on the mixture questions, the carb is a mikuni vm22, also do you cover the air hole at the bottom of the mouth at the front of the carb where in meets the manifold?

any help appreciated

I’d have said ‘developed rather than devolved because you now can appreciate the finer character in the older bikes. Some one who has and runs a Cub will probably be along to help you. Maybe you could ask the same question in the bike specific section of this website.?

• 4 years later...