beta evo hydraulic hoses compatibility

balga

Hi there,

seen some very cool hoses on ebay, they come in four different materials, from stainless steel to carbon.

The only problem is that they say it only fits 2009 and 2010 EVOs, mine is a 2015.

But, somewhere else the Jitsie brake line fits all models from 2009 to 2017, am I missing something?

What changed in 2010?

10 hours ago, balga said:

Hi there,

seen some very cool hoses on ebay, they come in four different materials, from stainless steel to carbon.

The only problem is that they say it only fits 2009 and 2010 EVOs, mine is a 2015.

But, somewhere else the Jitsie brake line fits all models from 2009 to 2017, am I missing something?

What changed in 2010?

The thing you are missing is that you have not gone to the parts lists [that are on the internet for free]of the different year bikes in question to see if the part numbers on the rear brake hose change after 2010 ......if they are the same then you know that they do not change after 2010 and you can buy your cool hose off ebuy..

Edited by oni nou

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

Just to be clear they changed in 2016, so Jitsie is wrong. I changed to Ajp and the threads were good but the fittigs were different.

Do not know what is going on with Beta  lineaway  but the 2016 2017 and 2018  hose has the same part number as the earlier years back to 2009/10  and the part number for the rear m/cylinder changes in 2017 from

007 36 150 80 00 to

007 36 002 80 00  for 2017 and 2018 models

if the fittings are different on the hoses then they must use the year along with the hose number to differentiate between the changes

master cylinder also changed in 2011 to part 007 36 150 80 00 and remains the same until another change  as shown above  in 2017.

Edited by oni nou
  • Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, balga said:

Hi there,

What changed in 2010?

In 2011 there was a rear m/cylinder change and it would appear that even though the part number for all hoses through the years remain the same there must be differences in the banjo fittings that are then specified by adding the specific year to the part number of the hose  so there lies the difference that Jitsie have either not picked up on or have not disclosed in their advert  ............it  does not mean the 2009/10 hose will not fit your 2015  .......you will need to ask a BETA TRIALS DEALER or a BETA OWNER who has experience of all years of manufacture. if the banjo fittings are compatible between 2010 and a 2015

• Like 1

What typically happens is an accessary manufacturer checks fit over a range of years and then never updates their catalog with newer years even though nothing has changed. As said above check the numbers from the Beta parts lists and if they match the accessories will fit.

For example if a Jitsie part says it fits 2009 to 2016 and you have a 2017 look at the Beta parts lists for a 2015 and a 2017 and if the OEM Beta parts have the same number the Jitsie part should fit.

Transitive equality If A=B and B=C then A=C

Edited by dan williams