Trial tyres

Tilly60

40 minutes ago, Tilly60 said:

Can someone please tell me if the Beta rev3 wheels require an inner tube or tubeless and is it doable at home or best take to garage. Also would the leak spay stuff work.

thanks

Front needs a tube rear should be Tubeless if it is the standard Morad rim .......you should not need leak spray stuff [best not to use it]if your rim is clean of corrosion and all dirt and has a rim sealing tape that is in excellent condition .....

Doing it at home is easy if you have the following tools ....A large G clamp or bead breaker ......2 x tyre leavers and nylon rim protectors  a Tyre beader [Apico] to help seal while inflating  and a Compressor with a decent pressure but you can do it with a foot pump or a CO2 cartridge and adaptor as long as you have the beader and use plenty of tyre lube/soap when building up.

• Like 2

Hi there, pretty sure they are tubeless rims on the Rev 3 but best to check year etc. Unless you are pretty handy with the tyre levers take your wheels to a dealer to get your new rubber fitted. The dealer I use fits tyres free of charge and their prices are lower than on eBay etc, to me its simpler and hassle free....

Some good choice of rubber out there now.....have got Dunlop GP's on my Beta and Michelin X11's on my Scorpa, both great tyres in my opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scatman said:

Unless you are pretty handy with the tyre levers take your wheels to a dealer to get your new rubber fitted. The dealer I use fits tyres free of charge and their prices are lower than on eBay etc, to me its simpler and hassle free....

Some good choice of rubber out there now.....have got Dunlop GP's on my Beta and Michelin X11's on my Scorpa, both great tyres in my opinion.

A trials rider needs to be able to fit tyres or one day will be stranded with a puncture. Best to get the experience at home rather than on a moor somewhere in pouring rain - the dealer won't be there (well, he might, but you know what I mean).

Front on Rev 3 should be tubed with rear tubeless,  There are many posts on here about getting the rim strip to seal if difficulty is encountered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, oni nou said:

Front needs a tube rear should be Tubeless if it is the standard Morad rim .......you should not need leak spray stuff [best not to use it]if your rim is clean of corrosion and all dirt and has a rim sealing tape that is in excellent condition .....

Doing it at home is easy if you have the following tools ....A large G clamp or bead breaker ......2 x tyre leavers and nylon rim protectors  a Tyre beader [Apico] to help seal while inflating  and a Compressor with a decent pressure but you can do it with a foot pump or a CO2 cartridge and adaptor as long as you have the beader and use plenty of tyre lube/soap when building up.

Thank you

51 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

A trials rider needs to be able to fit tyres or one day will be stranded with a puncture. Best to get the experience at home rather than on a moor somewhere in pouring rain - the dealer won't be there (well, he might, but you know what I mean).

Front on Rev 3 should be tubed with rear tubeless,  There are many posts on here about getting the rim strip to seal if difficulty is encountered.

Thanks 

52 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Thanks

On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 7:38 AM, 2stroke4stroke said:

I might be off the mark here but I remember a TMX article, from years ago, about Martin Lampkin who was going for an SSDT win and had a rear puncture. Of course then the rears had tubes. 

The news story said that Lampkin had the wheel off and back on with a new tube in 10 minutes flat,  ffs, **** it usually took me at least 3/4's of an hour in my garage !

It's not an answer to the op's question but even a tubeless tyre will take a tube ............ when on the moor !!!! 

Edited by rotors7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rotors7 said:

I might be off the mark here but I remember a TMX article about Martin Lampkin who was going for an SSDT win and had a rear puncture. Of course then the rears had tube's. 

The news story said that Lampkin had the wheel off and back on with a new tube in 10 minutes flat, **** it usually  took me at least 3/4's of an hour in my garage !

I might be off the mark here but I remember a TMX article, from years ago, about Martin Lampkin who was going for an SSDT win and had a rear puncture. Of course then the rears had tubes. 

The news story said that Lampkin had the wheel off and back on with a new tube in 10 minutes flat,  ffs, **** it usually took me at least 3/4's of an hour in my garage !

It's not an answer to the op's question but even a tubeless tyre will take a tube ............ when on the moor !!!! 

Thanks worth a thought ?

8 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I meant to say - there is plenty info on the web about making a bead breaker from two lengths of old timber and a hinge.

Lay the wheel flat and dig your heal into the bead  - if stubborn  jump up and down.

best thing is you can find your heal on top of a mountain or on any moor - unless you’ve had a  really big crash that caused the puncture .

akso front tube will work in the back save carrying 2 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rotors7 said:

I might be off the mark here but I remember a TMX article about Martin Lampkin who was going for an SSDT win and had a rear puncture. Of course then the rears had tube's. 

The news story said that Lampkin had the wheel off and back on with a new tube in 10 minutes flat, **** it usually  took me at least 3/4's of an hour in my garage !

Priobably changed wheel bearings too - he did that in Allan jefferies trial many years ago !!

The old ssdt 15 mins in a morning fettling time made you focus when av tyre change was due - non of this 30 mins and a spare wheel nonsense ???

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1