David Skinner

Aly Gear changer for SWM

Never seen one, climber might have had one, but think the shaft was a smaller diameter. I'd be interested if you find anything. 

Ask Martin Mathews at www.Motoswm.com he will know. He also does a very nice electronic ignition set for them.

On 13/08/2018 at 8:24 PM, b40rt said:

240 fantic I'm told. 

I just tried my Fantic 300 alloy gear lever with a folding tip on my Jumbo and unfortunately it doesn't fit, pity because the bend and length look spot on for a SWM. The Jumbo shaft is 13.5 mm and looks to have a finer spline than the Fantic, also the Fantic shaft measured closer to 13 mm.

I'm pretty sure Fantic 240 and 300 gear levers are the same, but I could be wrong ? 

51 minutes ago, fourex said:

I just tried my Fantic 300 alloy gear lever with a folding tip on my Jumbo and unfortunately it doesn't fit, pity because the bend and length look spot on for a SWM. The Jumbo shaft is 13.5 mm and looks to have a finer spline than the Fantic, also the Fantic shaft measured closer to 13 mm.

I'm pretty sure Fantic 240 and 300 gear levers are the same, but I could be wrong ? 

Is the jumbo shaft the same as earlier 240 / 280's ? Never tried it myself, but the person who mentioned it works extensively on tl's and tx300's.

1 hour ago, b40rt said:

Is the jumbo shaft the same as earlier 240 / 280's ? Never tried it myself, but the person who mentioned it works extensively on tl's and tx300's.

Good point b40rt, I don't know that much about these Rotax engines, the 350 TL Jumbo motor is different to the 240/280/320 TL's due to the different induction obviously but I don't know how much they vary elsewhere.

So, this starts a hi-jack of David Skinner's post/thread. 

Does anyone know of a replacement gear lever for a Jumbo with a swivel tip preferably in alloy also, and does anyone know of a suitable rear brake pedal replacement, metal is ok as I could graft/weld one of those swivel tips on to it. Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

David 14 : 2 In my fathers house there are many Rotax parts. If it were not so I would have told you .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, there was a secret drawer full of rotax gear shafts! They appear to be the same between 350 & 240/280 motors. 13.6mm 31 spline. All the climbers I've owned & seen had a steel gear lever, I've never seen an alloy one, even on bosis & ahvala's bikes.

Edited by tshock250
  • Thanks 1

Any of the Can Am Rotax should be the same lever. I’m not sure if they had alloy?