Evo Map Switch

jrpettet

One of the previous owners of my 2013 Evo 300 removed the Map switch. I have not yet inspected the wiring to determine exactly what was done. The bike runs fine.

Does the switch itself do anything more than open and close a circuit?

Is there any reason to remove the Map switch?

I couldn't tell any difference switching between either position on my 250 Beta's. I had a Gas Gas that switched from rain to sun which definitely didn't work because when I rode in the rain and switched to sun it continued p****** down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, sirdabalot said:

I couldn't tell any difference switching between either position on my 250 Beta's. I had a Gas Gas that switched from rain to sun which definitely didn't work because when I rode in the rain and switched to sun it continued p****** down. 

Winner!

11 hours ago, jrpettet said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I will check the wiring and make sure the most aggressive tune is selected and leave the switch off the bike.

I unexpectedly exploded the map switch in a section while riding the Nationals this spring. While splicing the wires back to a nuetral position I could not remember which to connect. I taped each wire up with no connection. Best choice I ever made. Just dumb as crap to put anything in a spot that get`s crunched. And my bike looks better uncluttered.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:20 PM, lineaway said:

I unexpectedly exploded the map switch in a section while riding the Nationals this spring. While splicing the wires back to a nuetral position I could not remember which to connect. I taped each wire up with no connection. Best choice I ever made. Just dumb as crap to put anything in a spot that get`s crunched. And my bike looks better uncluttered.

Good to hear!