IRC tyre on a 2016 Evo 4t.

chappo

Just ready to change my rear Michelin on my 2016 Evo 4T.

I run a tubed IRC on my Bultaco and really like it, very soft, just wonder if anyone runs a tubeless IRC on their Beta 4t.

Only asking because in the back of my mind I seem to remember someone saying they had a problem getting them to sit/seal on the rim and they passed a little air.

Thanks.

IRC have now sorted the issue of the tubeless tire being too loose a fit.  It is now much tighter on the rim and does not deflate when you hit something.  I fit my own tires and when I put an IRC on my rear wheel, about six months ago, it went on with a very loud snap - just like a Michelin x lite.  I have been running mine as low as 2.5 pounds in the mud and it has been absolutely fine - even when hitting stones, rocks or logs.

Thanks 4stroke,

That was the answer I wanted, someone who was currently running one.

Thanks to all others for your input, much appreciated.

Looking at IRC reviews, the new tyre has a stronger rim, obviously to alleviate previous issues of tyre ‘burp’ air loss.

put one on my 2016 rim about 3 months ago, it went on the rim very easy, used tyre soap. it popped the beads at about 20psi, Michelins popped nearer 50/60. Anyway first trial with irc tyre flat after first  rocky stream step. Dealer said he loves them but you'll need to put several lopes of "insulation tape" wound tight around the rim both sides where the tyre would seat and that would sort it. Not inclined to try it and have another wasted day out so went back to a michelin.

• Sad 1

Thanks Mog,

As you will have read IRC changed the manufacturing process to give a better grip on the rim with the latest tyre.

Did you fit a new style tyre or is it possible you may have been sold an old stock tyre, sorry not sure of what the tyre numbers are on the old and new?

Ill have a look see if I can find out.

Thanks for the input, I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting a change of tyre.

Still got the label "TR 011" tubeless, bought 3 or 4 months ago from a well known reputable trials dealer, I thought i may be able to sell it on but couldn't in all honesty not tell prospective purchaser, so waiting for someone who runs a tube?

Oh, and i ran it at 4psi, maybe they need more? Just dont want the hassle of trying again with tape on the rims and failing. Be interested if you buy one at what pressure the bead pops, it was just so easy to fit, didn't need tyre irons to fit just used hands and heel of foot.

Bought an irc as an Xmas present to myself ,it's fitted to a 13 gas gas,took 60 psi to seat it,its been fine ever since.I know others who have them and they've been fine too,reckon you got an old stock one