Trial bike for single trail riding

Lefebvre

2 hours ago, lotus54 said:

I re-read your original post and missed the ‘novice to intermediate level’.

Do you mean trails that are similar to a novice or intermediate trials section? or just novice/intermediate trails (if you know what I mean).

On the easy trails, it may get a bit tiring standing all the time and at least for me- I riding on the seat very much is not easy.  I also put bar risers on mine, because when standing, it would hurt my kneck after several hours of riding (and standing 99%) of the time.

If you want to sit and ride it...well I would highly suggest a much taller seat than the factory long range tank/seat.  Even then I personally dont’ Like riding it sitting much at all. My OSSA Explorer has an excellent seat- but even that is hard to steer compared to standing.  Does that make sense?

If you were closer you would be more than welcome to come try my Beta and see how it would work for you.

Mark

(I’m right across the Straits from Victoria, BC)

Mark,

I meant Novice/Intermediate trails. I am also with short legs inseams and I tried sitting on another Beta Evo 300 with seat and felt kind of :unsure: comfortable. The seat will be to recup in easier straights as my health keeps going down, it would help me to ride a little longer. BC the most beautifull province in Canada where I spent 16 years of my life. Squamish, Whistler, Cypress, Seymour, Grouse are all beautiful mountains I had the pleasure to ride (bicycle) or ski or walk/climb for whichever choice we had to conquer them. Not to forget Mount Baker USA which was a great challenge to ride up on a bicycle. Sadly, I did not have the opportunity to go on the Highland's mountain. I wish I could share a ride with you in your majestic mountains of BC. Ride on "Mark" and enjoy it all.

3 hours ago, Lefebvre said:

Mark,

I meant Novice/Intermediate trails. I am also with short legs inseams and I tried sitting on another Beta Evo 300 with seat and felt kind of :unsure: comfortable. The seat will be to recup in easier straights as my health keeps going down, it would help me to ride a little longer. BC the most beautifull province in Canada where I spent 16 years of my life. Squamish, Whistler, Cypress, Seymour, Grouse are all beautiful mountains I had the pleasure to ride (bicycle) or ski or walk/climb for whichever choice we had to conquer them. Not to forget Mount Baker USA which was a great challenge to ride up on a bicycle. Sadly, I did not have the opportunity to go on the Highland's mountain. I wish I could share a ride with you in your majestic mountains of BC. Ride on "Mark" and enjoy it all.

Mark, sorry for my mistake in relation with you and BC as you are on the other side in USA
 and not in BC. I am sure it is as beautiful out there with great scenery as well.