i gave my brother a go on my bultaco

rusty nuts

9 minutes ago, collyolly said:

Hopefully he's just twisted the forks in the yokes rather than bent them, hold the front wheel between your legs and pull on the handlebars to straighten, I seem to do it most rides !

I second that, quite a tame crash for someone who's not been on a trials bike before !

The first chap I let loose on my bike, a 247 Montesa, careered into a military chacon and knocked himself out !

I was straight there..... checking my pride and joy over, no damage, just the stanchions twisted.

Happy days :)

• Haha 1

Slightly different I let my cousins husband...police trained rider etc.....have a go on my treasured Trans Alp (an old un but good). After a fair while on his ride I started to get concerned, as was my cousin. Relief as he returned riding up the road. Brilliant, loved it he exclaimed....but I did drop it....???‍♂️ Scuffed bodywork, bent lever, twisted forks....I ask you. It was dry and sunny so just sheer muppetry!!

22 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

A well set up Bulto should really be able to climb a six foot wall, no?

depends whos riding it i think .he broke 2 inch concrete gravel board in half . i think it lucky not a wooden fence they were having bar b q next door ? 

20 hours ago, collyolly said:

Hopefully he's just twisted the forks in the yokes rather than bent them, hold the front wheel between your legs and pull on the handlebars to straighten, I seem to do it most rides !

The forks arelocking out when pulled right up ?

On 10 August 2018 at 7:05 PM, rusty nuts said:

The forks arelocking out when pulled right up ?

I am not sure what you mean exactly, but if simply twisting the forks straight does not work my next step would be to slacken off all of the clamp points that's the 4 points on the yokes ( triple trees) the mudguard mounting and the wheel spindle then give it all a general shake and pull around, obviously I mean slight slacken and not loose or the forks will slide straight up through the yokes !

Then straighten the assembly and tighten, hopefully this will have it sorted of not then you may have a bent leg which would surprise me given the video evidence, hardly a big off !