Is it just me?

hartzero

Why is it when I attend World rounds in Europe i.e recently France and Andorra there is no charge to view?

For the privileged of attending the UK round I have to pay £30.

Don't get me wrong, I can afford £30, just throwing it out there for discussion...........

46 minutes ago, hartzero said:

Why is it when I attend World rounds in Europe i.e recently France and Andorra there is no charge to view?

Don't get me wrong, I can afford £30, just throwing it out there for discussion...........

Its because the UK pays for everything in Europe; according to the majority of Brits .....but do not worry when you leave the EU everything in the UK will be free as there will be so much money in the coffers that the British government will pay to put on the British trialGP and entry will be free ...only a year to wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hartzero said:

Still nobody has answered this question?Load of tosh about brexit!This person is asking a valid question about why it's free in the two country's he's visited but not in the third country the U.K.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oni nou said:

Its because the UK pays for everything in Europe; according to the majority of Brits .....but do not worry when you leave the EU everything in the UK will be free as there will be so much money in the coffers that the British government will pay to put on the British trialGP and entry will be free ...only a year to wait.

Ehh?

2 minutes ago, andrewmorpeth said:

Still nobody has answered this question?Load of tosh about brexit!This person is asking a valid question about why it's free in the two country's he's visited but not in the third country the U.K.?

Cos we’re a bunch of money grabbing profiteers. It could also be down to the fact that abroad most of the land is free to use or it’s sponsored and comes at little cost to the organisers. If we did not pay and £30 is a lot to most people then there would probably be no rounds in UK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hartzero said:

nothing to do with Brexit, more likely these events have some financial support from local council / tourist board / local business's etc.  which probably doesn't happen in the UK

an element of money-grabbing is possible depending on who the organiser is ?           but I wouldn't think must club type organisers would do this ?

£30 entrance would probably put off any casual fans or newcomers , but maybe there isn't room at a UK venue for a large crowd, so this would be one way of keeping the audience at a manageable size ?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, andrewmorpeth said:

Ehh?

You are taking life far too seriously.

31 minutes ago, andrewmorpeth said:

Ehh?

In Europe they  have the FIM  and can find it a lot easier to get sponsorship because they draw large crowds and get some TV coverage sometimes...this covers the cost of running the events ....because  Britain is Great  it cannot manage this so the spectators help foot the bill.

Edited by oni nou

In a weird way i kinda think brexit is relevant. British people are more money driven than our european counterparts, a big red bus swayed brexit afterall. The europeans would be prepared to run an event for little to no profit, as long as it was a great show. Here, the money making ability is first on the list, mostly to the detriment of the sport

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, faussy said:

In a weird way i kinda think brexit is relevant. British people are more money driven than our european counterparts, a big red bus swayed brexit afterall. The europeans would be prepared to run an event for little to no profit, as long as it was a great show. Here, the money making ability is first on the list, mostly to the detriment of the sport

Brexit is very relevant, the EU has rules that we in UK abide by but you won’t see much of that in the Spanish cities, towns and villages that I have spent time in. When UK leaves the EU our government will be able to build more hospitals and increase the police force budgets I could drone on but ....oh and our roads might get repaired on a regular basis...councils would have money again.....it’ll still cost money to see a UK world round, that’s assuming we have the land to spare!

1 minute ago, section swept said:

When UK leaves the EU our government will be able to build more hospitals and increase the police force budgets I could drone on but ....oh and our roads might get repaired on a regular basis...councils would have money again.....

You should enter the world round! With all that wishful thinking you would win!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, section swept said:

Brexit is very relevant, the EU has rules that we in UK abide by but you won’t see much of that in the Spanish cities, towns and villages that I have spent time in. When UK leaves the EU our government will be able to build more hospitals and increase the police force budgets I could drone on but ....oh and our roads might get repaired on a regular basis...councils would have money again.....it’ll still cost money to see a UK world round, that’s assuming we have the land to spare!

If there is any extra money kicking around the last place it is going is on the NHS,Police and the roads...sorry I got to go with faussy on that.....if it does my hat is going to taste bad.

Edited by oni nou

Okay , so if Brexit was cancelled we could have a 2019 UK World Trial GP with free entry ?

Because everything in the EU is wonderful { and free }   ?

maybe Greece could have a world trial ? 

with all the bail-out money they have got it could be sponsored so  free entrance ?

1 hour ago, djr said:

Okay , so if Brexit was cancelled we could have a 2019 UK World Trial GP with free entry ?

Because everything in the EU is wonderful { and free }   ?

maybe Greece could have a world trial ? 

with all the bail-out money they have got it could be sponsored so  free entrance ?

No  its hard to find sponsors for Trials competitions in the UK

Yes TrialGP is free to spectate in France an EU member as stated by the OP 

No Greece is not big on trialing

No They have money problems similar to the UK's

Perhaps this sheds some light on why UK TrialGP is not free to spectate.... an outsiders view https://youtu.be/AlKJPf8btKE

• Like 1