New piston and rings - sources and opinions?

Tillerman6

On 8/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, Tillerman6 said:

Tony 27 !

That was a GREAT lead on the Wossener pistons!  I can read the part number off the box and I did eventually get with Wossener USA customer service.  They are very helpful and there are dealers in the states that may have stock if you look around. Some of the rebuild shops are also dealers and all you need are the part numbers. Millenium Technologies is one of these.

FYI if any other TY ers are looking for the part numbers available from Wosserman for the TY250 A  here they are:

8179DA

8179D050

8179D100

8179D150

8179DD200  (4th oversize)  At this time, there may only be stock available from Germany, but customer service said that they have it coming over to the states weekly.

I think I will go that route.  They are the only ones that say specifically that the kit they sell WILL FIT and the prices are about the same. The other alternatives are not really clear to me.  The Wiseco brand does not say that their DT 250 piston is a direct replacement (234M07000 series) and their web site does not mention the TY 250 A at all.  Likewise the OEM stuff is only available piecemeal so that you take your chances with Ebay and buy all the parts from different suppliers and pay thru the nose for what you get. Even then there are about Zero oversize OEM pistons coming up on Ebay that are new.