New rear shocks for a 340 Sherpa.

chappo

Guys, I have a 340 with a set of well used Falcon aluminium shocks on the rear. I have had them 4 years and they came secondhand to me.They are due a service and possibly some heavier springs as they bottom out a lot, even though they are set properly.

Now these are quality items, of that I have no doubt. But to have them serviced and new springs, it’s nearly as much as a set of new OZO Pro shocks. Other similar brands are available I should point out.

The reality of the situation is that I ride for pleasure in the Veteran Black routes or 50/50, so I don’t really need top notch shocks.

It has been mentioned that the standard length, eyelet to eyelet is 340mm, but some use 350mm.

Anyone got any opinions so that I can buy a good set of shocks.

Thanks.

I don,t know anything about Falcons,but would it be a cheaper option to order a seal kit and service them yourself ? I,m sure there are other members on here that have had them apart and could offer help.I have a set of older Fox shocks on my 199a and I think the seal kit was about 50.00 and they were pretty easy to service even though they were the first that I have ever done.

I was in the same boat as you chappo, my bike came with some lovely looking falcons, with 80 pound springs.. Too heavy for me on my bike, which really needed 50 pound springs. I couldn't afford to get the falcons rebuilt, it would have been cheaper to get some new shocks, so I went for a pair of the OZO experts last week. They don't have any adjustments but the damping and progression is very nice, I'm happy with them.

I found next to nothing on the net about these shocks, once I've taken my bike around a few sections I might write up a quick review. 

I would offer my falcons up to you for use on yours but I think they will be too heavy.

Edited by cornishflyer

13 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

i would stick with the falcons as they are excellent, and even if youre just riding for fun its nice to have good shocks on a twinshock.

I’m thinking the same.

Just stripped them down and I’ve actually bent one of the rods so it’s sticking slightly, thanks to that hill climb at the Bultaco Nostalgia Trial.

The service cost at Falcon actually include new rods.

PS that side stand for my 340 that I bought off you is still working fine, they’re still like hens teeth.

• Thanks 1