What bike ? Trrs?

westygas270

Hi all know this will open up a can of worms, at the minute I’m on a 17 Beta factory 300 and fancy something different (had Beta for a long time) thinking trrs or a 4rt, know there’s a big difference! 

The trrs are they a bike that’s set up and don’t have to mess about adjusting carb all the time and run spot on, I’ve been told 250 are a good bike, I’ve had 300s for years so not sure what cc ? I’m a good clubman and do nationals and road trials 

4rt will the weight be a issue whilst riding and will it Be to bigger change ? Ridden a few and like them 

I've just had a 2019 TRS 300 one - very impressed indeed.

Always had 300 Gassers but fancied a change, at my age big steps are a no no ..........

Dellorto carb fitted as standard all set ready to go, just a slow action throttle as a personnel choice.

As I ride a few road trials I opted to upgrade the water pump (CSP)  Motul 510 at 50:1  

It works for me and trust me there is plenty left in the tank for those big rock steps if you want.................. happy days

My son has had his TRRS 300 for two months. It does everything better than the Beta. Recently I borrowed a 4RT for a week to give it an honest go. The only thing it does better, is it is a Honda. I will probably buy a 250 TRS in 2019, unless Beta does something new.

Thanks for that, from what I’ve heard the tra have good reviews it’s just what cc to go for. Did you not find the Honda nice to ride lineaway ? Only thing I want is a bike I don’t have to work on every weekend just get it and ride it by the normal maintenance on them having to adjust the carb every trial and mess about I’ve had enough of that 

8 hours ago, strengthcoach said:

The TRS is an excellent bike. I had one (a One 300.) If I were to get one again, I'd be sure to get the Raga mainly because I really prefer the Keihin carb. 

Would it be a 300 you got again ? I was told the 300 is a animal 250 has more than enough power ?

I rode a TRS last week up in Bury.  The frame and handling were good and it felt very light and flickable, but I found the engine to be snappy and raw - my Sherco is much smoother.  The bike was allegedly 2017, but it was quite rough.  The rear shock had been replaced already.  As I said, it was in quite a rough condition for a newish bike and did not appear to be ageing very well. 

I passed.

Edited by stpauls

1 hour ago, stpauls said:

I rode a TRS last week up in Bury.  The frame and handling were good and it felt very light and flickable, but I found the engine to be snappy and raw - my Sherco is much smoother.  The bike was allegedly 2017, but it was quite rough.  The rear shock had been replaced already.  As I said, it was in quite a rough condition for a newish bike and did not appear to be ageing very well. 

I passed.

I know what you mean stpauls I’ve seen a couple and thought they don’t seem to age very well, there built well from what I’ve been told tho, I’m very tempted with a 4rt just don’t know if it will be a hinderance the weight and the big change to 4stroke 

Yes, the 4RT can be low maintenance. But they have problems worse than any other bikes. Just read the Montesa forum. My boss has ten of them and that is why I could use one for a week. I could ride one, but I could ride a new TRRS much better. After riding the 4RT all week I got back on my Beta and won the Expert class that day, first time since 2007. Must have been the week long work out.

I love my Montesa 300 RR, great bike. 

As indicated above, I don't really notice the extra weight when riding unless I get a bit to much out of sorts, but even then it doesn't bother me at all.  I have had the chance to ride 2T bikes plenty and I would say that the 4T bikes are very different in there power and ride caricaturists so going back and forth is quite the adjustment.  So if you really do decide to try a 4RT I will say you ether need to stick with it tell it works or just go with a 2T from the start.  

Based on your past of running Beta 2T I would think you would be happiest with a TRRS, as my best guess.  I will note that I have heard a lot of people say the Beta's are a bit smother power than the TRRS's and of the two TRRS's owned in our little riding group (one 250 and one 300) I can say that the gentleman who picked up the 300 had a larger adjustment to the power from his GG from what he told me than the gal who picked up the 250 did from her GG.  

Hope that helps.  

Edited by jonnyc21