Water in air box 2014 raga

boofy

I've been getting water in air box and carb 2014 raga replica, it's got the flap screwed on top of air box, it seems to be coming over from the front when riding in streams, has anyone else had this and how to cure would be useful, didn't seem to get last winter so not sure why now, any help gratefully received, thanks

3 hours ago, boofy said:

I've been getting water in air box and carb 2014 raga replica, it's got the flap screwed on top of air box, it seems to be coming over from the front when riding in streams, has anyone else had this and how to cure would be useful, didn't seem to get last winter so not sure why now, any help gratefully received, thanks

Make sure you oil the filter properly with a water resisting  filter oil such as Rock oil or Putoline etc and make sure water can drain out of the bottom of the air box.

Use strips of duct tape on the join of the airbox lid to seal it and use reticulated foam in front of the airbox inlet slot to fend off splashing water.

Check airbox for splits at back.

Is the flap in the bottom of the airbox sealing properly?Also the airbox is made in 2 parts and often leaks,its held together with screws deeply recessed in .Worth splitting it and resealing with Stikaflex,which is a windscreen bonding sealer available from a motor factors.The reticulate foam mod as suggested helps a lot too

I took the flap off mine when I did the six days drilled the hole a little bigger and put a rubber drain plug in . the flap work's ok but in deeper water can cause problems. here's the plug i usedrb_1167-1.jpg.34a6372bf1d9387064ed0064dd24f315.jpg

Edited by inchhigh

• 1 month later...