IRC Winner trials tyre codes

stpauls

I have run an IRC Winner rear tyre for the last 6 months or so with no issues,  Pressure has varied between 2.5 and 4 pounds an inch, depending on conditions.

Just fitted a new tyre to a new bike.  As soon as I hit a small step it deflates.   I am wondering if the tyre is one from before IRC fixed the loose band issue.

Does anyone know how the IRC tyre date of manufacture codes work?

I THINK the code on this tyre is 2417

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by stpauls

Fitted one to a similar bike 6+ months ago - turned it too, with no issues.  Motad rim.  Soap lube.  This new one did not seat with the loud snap that the previous IRC tyre did - or  with the same loud snap that an Xtralite tyre does.  Issues with OLD IRC tyres are well documented within this forum.

Edited by stpauls

That was close stpauls, after my post August 7th, asking about these IRCs I was just ready to order one.

We all seem to be of the opinion that the leaking matters were a thing of the past, but clearly not if a June 2017 tyre is still misbehaving.

That can’t be construed as old stock surely.

Somebody somewhere must have a definitive answer about these tyres. 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:56 AM, stpauls said:

I have run an IRC Winner rear tyre for the last 6 months or so with no issues,  Pressure has varied between 2.5 and 4 pounds an inch, depending on conditions.

Just fitted a new tyre to a new bike.  As soon as I hit a small step it deflates.   I am wondering if the tyre is one from before IRC fixed the loose band issue.

Does anyone know how the IRC tyre date of manufacture codes work?

I THINK the code on this tyre is 2417

Thanks in anticipation.

Any chance you've fitted a tube type tire to a tubeless rim, or vice versa?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, motovita said:

Any chance you've fitted a tube type tire to a tubeless rim, or vice versa?

I have just checked the tyre.  TUBE TYPE!  No wonder it instantly deflated.  That hadn't occurred to me.  Thanks.  Problem solved.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1