Ty 175 kickstart shaft

simon0116

Hi got my ty 200 majesty running to day but kick start in only working at very bottom. Seems to be slipping.  Shaft end is good and new end on kickstart so only can presume inside. Remember on shaft there is a pressed like part on shaft. And being Told to weld this on to stop slipping. Anyone done this??? 

20180902_222155.jpg

This mod does not stop slipping. It is to stop the kickstart lever clamp screw head hitting the casing on return.

If this is your first TY175 it may be that you are just not accustomed to the kickstart engaging at a low position. Normal engagement is with the lever just below the level of the footpeg

Hi no had it last 20yrs. Just got it running again. Remember putting hole in a case on one when I was a kid.

Right so it must be to do with actual mechanism. Some times there is nothing there on kick start / slipping.

Wondering if it's not engaging properly.

Will have to look.

• Like 1

Drain clutch case. Remove case. Confirm all teeth present on kickstart mechanism.You may find that there are some teeth missing. Make sure the stop that is shown in the photo arrowed is in the correct position. As you are in Sheffield, not too far away from me, if you want I’ll weld that bit in place for you foc. The kickstart shaft scrol gear male and the gear scrol may be worn and this allows the slip that you feel you have, take apart to inspect.

Edited by section swept
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1