Toby Martyn

nigel dabster

58 minutes ago, nhuskys said:

I bought the subscription last year and it was well worth it.  There were some initial teething problems but was great and you could re-watch the events.  Only thing I could fault promoter on was the cancelling a round, on what seemed like dodgy reasons?

Yeah, that seemed a little odd, but otherwise I loved it. I've re-watched all the available rounds like half a dozen times!

5 hours ago, nhuskys said:

I just watched the TdN highlights vid and didn't look like much stop and hop there.... Well now on to indoors and stop allowed....then everyone can decry, how the time limit has ruined indoors all winter!

Stop and hop, maybe not, but stops... if you call them like the brits here seem to want to, I count about a million that weren't called. Of course it varies by section (observer):

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 25.9.2018 at 12:34 PM, oni nou said:

Those are just the old rules, they could not be bothered to make the new video for the revised rules which is strange because for the revised rules video all they had to do was change all the red crosses in red boxes to green ticks in red boxes in that video ..not that much work and cost I would not have thought.

In the mean time I received the confirmation from the FIM that the 2013 video with the samples is still valid.

• Confused 1

On 26.9.2018 at 11:01 PM, lineaway said:

I think you are confused on what happened. It appears the scorer made the right call. Which Toby needed. Not the other way around.

PS nobody is making up rules. Have you been to a scorers meeting at the World level?

I never scored at a world level, but at a "state level" only. It is possible that I am to German (;)), but I am and other scorers are scoring strictly according to the official local rules. In addition, during the briefing before the start, all observers are instructed in and to score according to the rules of our Federation. But one rule applies also and always: The observer has to "keep his line" of scoring during the whole competition.

Edited by Canario
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canario said:

In the mean time I received the confirmation from the FIM that the 2013 video with the samples is still valid.

You better let them know that the observers are working with a different set of rules that fluctuate with the changing wind.....stopping is not stopping its just a new way of motion in Trial GP world.

Like most things on this planet if you want to talk sense about something  then head to the mental asylum where at least you will know that you will have a chance of hearing something that makes some sense.

Edited by oni nou
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canario said:

All results for many years of the trials world championships therefore have been  incorrect and most clean rides should actually have been recorded as 5's.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oni nou said:

All results for many years of the trials world championships therefore have been  incorrect and most clean rides should actually have been recorded as 5's.

If Bou got a 5 for every stop he has made since 2013, then Dougie would still be King.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lineaway said:

Looks the same scoring to me! About the 5 minute mark 5 riders in a row.

[...]

Sure, it is a FIM Trial GP, even it was in Germany.

You wrote that you have scored on a World Level. What did the officials tell regarding the rules during the scorers meeting/briefing?

Edited by Canario