Jumbo Rear Wheel Spacer.

fourex

Anybody with a Jumbo when your next playing around with it in the shed, could you take some rough measurements for me please. Mainly the rear axle spacer #17 as per below pic, mine measures 32 mm, I'm trying to determine why my left rear shock splays out slightly towards the bottom shock mount whilst the right appears near perpendicular, also when I measure the shocks from centre to centre across the top mounts I get 233 mm but at the bottom I get 245 mm so definitely some 10 - 12 mm of splaying but I don't know if this is normal for a Jumbo.

If it is normal, like a Cota 349/4 for instance, I'm curious why the left shock seems to be doing all the splaying ? 

04-07-200604_03_08PM.jpg

39 minutes ago, bullylover said:

I can have a look tomorrow for you fourex.

Thanks Graham, have you let the cat out of the bag here, do you have a closet Jumbo ?

That parts pic I posted is crap really because it doesn't show the collar that my bike has that slips into the bearing seal. Refer another attached pic of my left side set up. I think that the non numbered spacer looking thing on the inside of #17 is actually the bearing being the second #4 on my parts list, the Italians just didn't draw it to scale me thinks.

006.jpg

Edited by fourex
Not to Scale ?
  • Like 1

I wish I did. Mick bought one a little while ago. I`m waiting on him to buy some gaskets and stuff so I can put a new kickstart shaft in it. Then I might be able to get it to go. It is Darryl Martins old one, also the one that Bernie used when he did that Trials School in Sydney in the early eighties.

Hi Fourex. I checked that Jumbo today and the long spacer on the left side of the rear wheel was 32mm and the short one on the sprocket/ brake side is 16.5mm. I didn`t pull the wheel off to measure the inner one. I also forgot to look at the angle of the shocks to see if they angle in at the top. My M199B really does on one side so it would not surprise me if they are like that standard. A few of the Montesas are bad in that regard. I`ll try and remember to have a look tomorrow. Graham.