Help identifying forks

tribonnie

Hello, the attached picture is of an Enfield Starmaker

i am trying to identify the forks. I need some for the Johnny Britain works 1964 ISDT bike that Hitchcocks motorcycles have acquired. As far as we know they were made by Reynolds, most likely built by Ken Sprayson for the ISDT bike. He made some similar ones for Geoff Dukes Norton

so few questions

any idea where I can get a set ?

we’re they used on any other trials/scrambles bikes ?

any idea who could make a pair ?

thanks Richard

1CBE439A-FF02-4B2C-B1BB-57492F471251.jpeg

On 05/09/2018 at 12:02 AM, tribonnie said:

Hello, the attached picture is of an Enfield Starmaker

i am trying to identify the forks. I need some for the Johnny Britain works 1964 ISDT bike that Hitchcocks motorcycles have acquired. As far as we know they were made by Reynolds, most likely built by Ken Sprayson for the ISDT bike. He made some similar ones for Geoff Dukes Norton

so few questions

any idea where I can get a set ?

we’re they used on any other trials/scrambles bikes ?

any idea who could make a pair ?

thanks Richard

1CBE439A-FF02-4B2C-B1BB-57492F471251.jpeg

Well it certainly looks a bit of a beast, but in the right way. Trouble is there were so many small manufacturers using leading link forks, such as Greeves, Cotton, Dot, Butler, DKW and BMW all had their variation on this design and it’s stull going in some parts of the bike world, sidecar proponents to. There are many more such as Wasp who used a similar type, there are engineering firms that make forks but at this point I direct you to the web and search out their details, there’s plenty to go at. As it’s the 1964 era that you show the forks may well be Greeves before they went to exposed cartridge forks. You already appear to have a handle on this so good luck with your quest. Think that might be an REH front hub, additionally I think that the clutch hub and it’s circlip were a weak link in this engine, there’s a modification but again research it on the web. I would be very interested to hear more about this bike, updates please?

Edited by section swept
Spelling

Hello, sorry for delay in replying, had trouble with password. The situation is, Hitchcocks Motorcycles have acquired Jonny Britton’s Royal Enfield ISDT bike which for the ISDT had some leading link forks as per the Enfield scrambler pictured. Now has has different forks so trying to revert the bike back to ISDT spec. Thanks for your interest Richard