Is Ossa still good?

EzQ

Hi! I’m just looking to buy a bike. I’ve been looking at an Ossa tr300i Factory 2013 and I would like to ask few questions about it. 1. Is it reliable? 2. Are parts easy to get? Any other information about the bike or brand is also apreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by EzQ

Can you give examples of the parts that are easy to get and also the places you get them from? I would imagine that in trials the clutch discs may wear out more quickly, where do you get those? What about the cylinder/piston? Also is the Ossas engine same as Gas Gas or any other bikes? Cheers!

Edited by EzQ

zonetrial.com, lewisportUSA, http://nonstopmotoren.com/parts/ossa-tr-parts.php you just have to search a little, even Joa may still have parts!......that is one hell of a colour scheme though! test ride it an ask as many questions as you need to, ultimately buying a used bike is always a gamble as you really have little idea what is going on internally

having looked at the pics some more I would inspect a little more closely as I believe all the factory bikes had green frames and this one is black and does not look like it was originally green and then painted unless it was stripped and re-coated. The serial number should be by the headstock and should indicate it if is indeed a 2013 factory R (like this) or not, or possibly a 2012 model.

ossa.jpg.186a4d83d0b19ab7ac107e55b148cf38.jpg

Much as I love my Ossa it's not really a bike for new folk or anyone who doesn't know there way round a Trials bike. They're a one off with a load of stuff different from most other bikes.

If you know what you're doing great ,probably better stick to the regulars Sherco/ Scorpa would be my pick second hand.

• Like 1

Brilliant bike, still love my Factory R more than my Gas Gas GP.

Rides superbly, grips like nothing else and by the Factory R in 2013 they had ironed out the majority of the known issues.

Reliability is good, stay on top of things and you'd be fine BUT as mentioned above - there are some oddiites / unique parts on them which if go wrong can require a lot of time, money and probably fiddling to sort.
As a newbie I'd probably say to stay away unless you're handy with the spanners or know a good dealer with Ossa knowledge and stick with something of a more 'traditional' trials bike

Still gutted they went pop, wont be parting with my Factory R anytime soon (waiting for the rebirth :D:D)

I have two modern OSSAs- great bikes.  As mentioned, some parts will start to be hard to find- many are standard trials stuff or GasGas parts fit (like the piston). I have a 15 300 Factory, the original owner sold it because he was new to trials and it just had too much power and snap.

I fit a slow throttle, larger countershaft sprocket and usual run on the ‘rain’ setting.  That calmed it down considerably, but it still has a LOAD of power and very light.  I like them a lot, especially my Explorer.  But I picked up a Beta 300 4T to use a bunch so I don’t get so many hours on the OSSA, I want to keep using it.  

Mark